HEPCO & BECKER ENGINE BAR SNAPPED

graham h

Reaction score
A little suprised the other day when a strange vibration started on the GS,thought it was some thing loose on futher investigation found that the left hand side top support bracket had snapped clean through,i can see how a weld could fail but as you can seeon the attached photo's its not the weld.has eny body else had this happen??

Moto Bins are to exchange them free of charge as they are only 10 months old

Attachments

• dsc00113.jpg
    dsc00113.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 243
Ebars

Yes the same happened to a mates,but on the fixing point above the TB,and it was the same as yours the actual bracket not the weld.I just welded it for him.Andy

Graham,

Had you ever dropped yours?

He asks, making a note to check his tommorrow, cos he has :eek:

Mine fractured on the left hand side too, but it appears to be the weld that has gone. I did however, 'lay it down' last September, which may have weakened it. I'm getting new bars fitted tomorrow, but I'm going for the BM ones this time.

Regards,

Charles

My adv OEM bar has fractured on the right hand side ...so it's not just he H&B ones that do it........

Being done under warrenty week after next.

Jon, the answer is no i've never droped this machine well not yet,i would asume if i had it would possible course this sort of damage,but the chrome is totally as new not a scratch,except for the odd tiny rust blemish around the welds where it's not been chromed properly:)

THANKS SPOUT IT VERY INTRESTING SO MANY HAVE FAILED PERHAPS WE SHOULD ALL CLAIM TOGETHER FOR COMPENSATION AND THEN DIVI UP DOWN THE PUB

Attachments

• dsc00112.jpg
    dsc00112.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 145
THANKS SPOUT IT VERY INTRESTING SO MANY HAVE FAILED PERHAPS WE SHOULD ALL CLAIM TOGETHER FOR COMPENSATION AND THEN DIVI UP DOWN THE PUB:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom