Hepco & Becker panniers

Gecko

Reaction score
Maybe an interesting option for those who don't want to go all the way to aluminium panniers but don't want black B*W either.

H&B Gobi luggage cases

Text is all in German (any translators out there ?) - price unknown at the moment but nonetheless interesting alternative......

Picture of aforesaid article

gobi

Attachments

• gobi__3.jpg
    gobi__3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 437
Hmmm. They will "absorb...inadvertent soil contacts". Could be v useful. :D

panniers

I like the look of those - I wonder how much they will be and which wil be the best place to source them ?

Steady Eddie

Hmmm. They will "absorb...inadvertent soil contacts". Could be v useful. :D

Re: panniers

Steady Eddie said:
I like the look of those - I wonder how much they will be and which wil be the best place to source them ?

Steady Eddie

Ed I think Motobins are a Hepco and Becker importer in the uk.

Panniers

Checked out the Motobins site - price quoted at £260.00 per pair - Also rang Motorworks - they haven't got them in yet so were unable to give cost .
I would ideally like to see these things in the flesh and wonder if they fit on the standard pannier rails etc ..............
Steady Eddie

Gecko said:
Maybe an interesting option for those who don't want to go all the way to aluminium panniers but don't want black B*W either.

H&B Gobi luggage cases

Text is all in German (any translators out there ?) - price unknown at the moment but nonetheless interesting alternative......

Cut and paste the german into the box on http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish and see a pigeon version of what it says.....

alternatively cut'n'paste the url into the other box on the page and see if it works..... it didn't when I tried it just now....

BUT this is what it roughly says:

"Who wants to go new ways, must hitting paths also once leave. After 25 years motorcycle luggage development and production the "Gobi" is the answer to all questions: An unmistakable optics, whose Design is protected. 37 litres contents. Loadable up to 100 kg. Manufactured from impact resistant, through-colored plastic, the "Gobi" is extremely resistantly, waterproof and absorbs impacts and inadvertent soil contacts without impairment of the further journey. It unites the optics of an aluminum suit-case with all advantages of a plastic case. The outside and internal luggage walls are honeycombed connected and offer reservoir for 3,5 litres level? a genuine Clou for extreme travelers. The smooth inner surfaces make it possible to carry the luggage without metal abrasion and additional interior bags. The "Gobi" is in the true sense of the word a Top loader with sturdy metal locks, a hinge from VÀ chain fabric and a carrying handle made of metal. A Topcase is in preparation. Luggage hooks are optional under the art. NR. 700.149 available. "Gobi"? Go new ways. prospective date of delivery: In the middle of March 2003 "

Re: Panniers

Steady Eddie said:
Checked out the Motobins site - price quoted at £260.00 per pair - Also rang Motorworks - they haven't got them in yet so were unable to give cost .
I would ideally like to see these things in the flesh and wonder if they fit on the standard pannier rails etc ..............
Steady Eddie

Ed
Keep us posted mate. My H&B dealer is right the other end of the country so I'm unlikely to see them 'in the flesh' for a while. I doubt very much they'll fit the standard B*W rails.so that may mean additional cost. £260.00 is OK as far as luggae systems go these days but I'm like you - I need to see , feel , smell and touch them before I would be further interested. I still want a close up look of Vern's panniers when I come over for the the hog roast.

Back
Top Bottom