Heritage Classic - UK Harley classifieds forums or groups?

The search is properly on now. Budget is up to £14k, which I know is a challenge, but there's a few out there. Got my eye on one. Will report back :)

Pickled up a really nice Heritage today. 9k miles, immaculate condition and a few farkles too. Let the accessorising begin!

3dc1cf861b7778f3ce652f158487fa2f.jpg

Not a Heritage but love my Softail standard although far from standard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice
Age?
So it’s an immaculate 2018, 9k miles, Silver Fortune, Screaming Eagle tuner and Street Cannon silencers (they’ll be swapped out for some classic looking ‘tulip’ shaped ones that actually make a noise!) and detachable pillion backrest/sissy and luggage rack, a few of the brass collection bits (derby cover, front fork bobbins, gear lever peg) and engine bars. From HD Oxford. They’re also doing the 10k service when required, all for £14,750.

I think I did rather well!

So it’s an immaculate 2018, 9k miles, Silver Fortune, Screaming Eagle tuner and Street Cannon silencers (they’ll be swapped out for some classic looking ‘tulip’ shaped ones that actually make a noise!) and detachable pillion backrest/sissy and luggage rack, a few of the brass collection bits (derby cover, front fork bobbins, gear lever peg) and engine bars. From HD Oxford. They’re also doing the 10k service when required, all for £14,750.

I think I did rather well!
Well done.....got any pics?

Not yet - will get some in the next few days when I can sneak away from the family!

Some pics :)

It came with a HD quick-release sissybar/rack (now sold), Screaming Eagle silencers (up for sale), Screaming Eagle tuner (not poked around under the side cover yet to see what type it is), engine bars, HD black grips and a smattering of HD ‘Brass Collection’ farkles. And, as you can see it’s basically mint.

I’ve already removed the sissybar/rack and rear seat (stored in a pannier in case I need it), replaced the Screaming Eagle silencers with classic ‘tulip’ ones (sound amazing, but not too crazy) and added a headlight visor.

Running light visors on their way as is a rear ‘Motherwell-style’ rack for the rear fender, rider back-rest (Grasshopper brand… I had one on my previous Heritage. Super-comfy) and visors for the front and rear indicators.

Also tweaked the handlebar position… amazing what a difference a slight change in the ’bar angle makes!

One day in the distant future I’ll investigate removing the ‘studs’ from the seat/bags with an upholsterer (because they look naff), but not a priority for now.

It’s starting to feel like ‘my bike’. Love it.

7DCB5122-F163-4468-9509-BFA1E6A08E8E.jpeg

5A897696-B3D7-4B01-816C-F64263DA2AF4.jpeg

7651D6B1-B2E2-4EC9-BA68-6D28EB2A270C.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice

How are the brakes and suspension? I’ve read that the new version has improved them but that doesn’t mean they’re crap on the older one
It’s that or a Road King that keeps tempting me

This is actually my 3rd 2018 Heritage (don’t ask) so to me they’re just fine :)
You should have an idea by now then if you like them :D
No temptation to try another model after having had 2 already?
Smart looking bikes, you’ll be selling soon to find another?:augie

I had a Softail Slim a few years ago - they’re really the only 2 models I like the look of.

LOVE the Slim, but it’s too low to the ground (grinding floorboards) and I could never quite get comfortable on it.

And over time I added a full front fender and saddlebags… it kinda looked like a stripped back Heritage

Then the new Heritage came along and I loved it. Had to sell my first for financial reasons, then had to sell my second as work dried up over lock-down.

But now I’m back on a Heritage and I’m pretty darn happy :)

Back
Top Bottom