Hi Newbie here! (Philiptigerrice)

philiptigerrice

Reaction score
Hi All - I registered on here a while back, but this is my first post. Some may know me from ABR...

I live near Bury, Greater Manchester. But am a Yorkshireman at heart, and a Hull City Fan :)

I've been riding (incident free... so far!) about 20 years and love the Adventure Bike 'thing' I was never into sports bikes, and was dleighted at the advent of something a little bit more interesting and capable.

Our house has 1 car, and two bikes... We have a 2012 G650GS Sertao, which I use for a bit of green laning, but have toured on it and done the Taffy Dakar, a few ABR Rallies etc as well as trips with the lads.. My wife passed her test a few months ago, and due to work and shitty shitty weather, has only got a few hundred miles under her belt, but she's getting there, and she's using the Sertao. (but really isn't keen!)

Then a couple of months back, invested in a second Panzer, and picked up a 2008 R1200GS Adv, in great nick, was pretty well farkled, and hasn't needed much to bring her up to full strength.

She's being used to cart my fat arse the 350 miles to work (I work away, on and off...) which is great fun - and I'm a big beleiver in sheepskin seat covers, cheap, and 7 hours in the saddle with no sore bum can't be wrong!

Got a few camping trips planned this year, and a gentlemans trip to Scotland to do the NC500 and 1 or 2 other bits planned so far.

Nothing too heavy as yet, but a young family and working away, means that buggering off for weeks on bikes, is hard to squeeze in & justify for now, but all in good time...

Now - how in the hell do I upload a photo from my desktop??! Lol

welcome
you have a lot of juggeling to do but when time permits a good pair of bikes!
all the best

Welcome. I feel your pain re work and a young family getting in the way of biking...but it sounds like you do a better job of getting out than I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope the company on the NC500 trip measures up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site Phil

I'm just up the road from you in Ramsbottom, so any time you find time to get out of a weekend, drop me a pm. I'm a bit restricted like yourself regarding time, but I'm sure we can catch up sometime during the year :)

I'm the opposite to you being a true Lancastrian working o'er t'hill in Bradford

Cheers
Geoff

Back
Top Bottom