Horn Hazzle

Ryberg

I am trying to fit a piece of Fiamms red horns. The electric ones, not the preassure ones. I can´t get it to fit. Where should I put them. I have tried to mount them on the same spot as the original but only one fit there, not two. If I put the other below the first it hits the telelever at speedbumbs. I want to have the horns on a hidden place or as hidden as it can, but not under the front fender. Have anyone done this before. It´s good sound in the horns and I want them. Have anyone seen any short and small versions of air preassure horns. Thanks!

The Fiamms are too big, 95mm, take 'em back and get a pair of Hella 80mm ones, make a bracket from an aluminium coat hook anf bingo your'e in business, the Hella's are 118 Db each, and will fit nicely one above the other in the space of the original, put a bit of sheathing on the brake lines so they don't rub.

Thanks for the link. I´ve just ordered a Stebel Nautilus horn. Sounds like a great deal.

Ryberg said:
Thanks for the link. I´ve just ordered a Stebel Nautilus horn. Sounds like a great deal.

Wait till you hear the sound mate!
(Was in Sweden last year, in and around Stockholm, on friends GS - great roads and landscape... restrictive speed limits... good drivers. Seem to really tax scoot riders.)

I´ve just received the Stebel horn. Sounds great, BUT I can´t get the bloody horn to fit anywere. It´s too big for the same place as the original. ARGHH....what to do?

Ryberg said:
I´ve just received the Stebel horn. Sounds great, BUT I can´t get the bloody horn to fit anywere. It´s too big for the same place as the original. ARGHH....what to do?

Go back to my previous post - get AdvRider link up and read through carefully and examine pics.
Essentially you remove OEM including the 'arm'.
Then remove the bracket that it is attached to that has a bolt that runs through top subframe. This allows access up into the steeringhead for back of horn and allows the one point attachment through drilling and inserting one bolt near the
document plate on RHS of steering head. You will need to use a spacer on the inside of steering head to get horn to sit straight.

Another recent posts on the above thread shows a OEM mount mod you may also like to try.

Back
Top Bottom