Hotel in Prague Centre

GlynnJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Praque city centre? I am hoping to take the family for a 2 night break in December and want a clean & comfortable hotel at a reasonable price.

Glynn

Cheers Paul. I'll take a look.

Glynn

I took the missus for her birthday last year, stayed in the golden stag which is right behind the old town square, walking distance to anywhere!!

http://www.athos.cz/

I got it through this lot and there service was great, never booked a holiday on my own and sent them at least 30 emails asking all kinds of stupid questions.
and for around 20 quid a nice fella got us from the airport, told us where to go etc etc, and took us back..
I'm gonna go again, didn't get woken up once or see a single stag night.
Jazz club called ungelt is near, loads of young fellas who are into their music, good beer and very friendly.

good luck

Paul

Tidy Hotel just round the back of old town square next to the jaguar Bar also give jag bar a try(nice dancers in here).

The Best Western was very good.....

I have since recommended that hotel to a freind who went over for a city break, and they were chuffed to bits with it as well..... secure underground parking on site as well

Just got back from Prague last night. Fabulous city!!!! I tok my parents and we stayed at this hotel It is on Dlouda Street, which is the boundary between the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter, perfectly placed for walking anywhere, lots of good restaurants and bars close by, much cheaper than around the squares too! Highly recommended! :beerjug:

Thanks, LD. That looks like my kind of place. I will check availability.

Cheers

GJ

Just booked 3 nights in Extol inn Prague after it being recommended on this forum.
End of Aug, 2 persons,3 nights, double "luxurious" room. £148 with breakfast

Don't stay in the Hilton. In a location that is cut off by the road system and service that is lacklustre to say the least. Typical Hilton then... However, it was able to provide secure underground parking for the GS, but at price!!

stayed at the Hotel Paris (pariz) some years ago - absolutely stunning and a breakfast to die for.
Cheers
Richard

Park Inn

Stayed at the Park Inn - 09/2010. New hotel with secure underground parking for about £12 per night (we stored two bikes on one parking spot).
A twin room worked out about £44 per night; so £22 per person.

Location is excellent and the hotel is clean and modern. Food is (as always) pricey in the hotel; but there are plenty of good places to go in town. No free wi-fi is a let down for those with 3G phones wishing to check on emails; travel arrangements etc.

See: http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-prague?facilitator=BIGMOUTHMEDIAREZIDOR&csref=g_en_pd_brand_3_prgpd

Hi Glyn,

I don't know what your budget is but this place is stunning :-

http://www.hoteluprince.com/hotel-en

Its right in the old town square directly opposite the clock, brilliant location, great atmosphere, and even if you don't stay there you must make a point of going up for a drink or a meal on the roof terrace, the view from there is absolutely stunning day or night, its the best view in Prague, I guarantee it :thumb2

Enjoy!

Poucher

Plenty of choice coming in :thumb

Have a look on booking.com

Hotel Seven Days

Top of Wenceslas Square, underground private car park, and lovely rooms....

Stayed there last year two nights :thumb

We go a few times a year normally and we like staying in the Grand its right in the old town area if you can do a deal on the room opposite the clock its great you can sit right a t the front bay upstairs whatching the action.
Also it has its very own busy bakery fresh bread and cakes bar and all th eother usal needs..... If you get a bit pissed whatch out for the revoving door as you go in...

We have been there on bike and car they take your car and park it secure and bring it right to the front door when you request it. Love that palce the Blues bars (noT JAZZ!!!)
anr the Mayling Foot Rub ha ha

check it out http://www.grandhotelpraha.cz/ubytovani_en.htm

have Fun

Big D :)

Back
Top Bottom