how to set the bloody time on a Garmin V

walkon40

Got myself a Garmin V a few months ago, and finally started playing with it. I am trying to set the systems right, i.e. to get it to display local date and time. The "Setup" function doesn't allow me to do it (i.e. with the rocker switch I can't get into the 'time' and 'date' fields:( . anyone any ideas???

Martin

walkon40 said:
Got myself a Garmin V a few months ago, and finally started playing with it. I am trying to set the systems right, i.e. to get it to display local date and time. The "Setup" function doesn't allow me to do it (i.e. with the rocker switch I can't get into the 'time' and 'date' fields:( . anyone any ideas???

Martin
If its like the SPIII then it's set by the satelites, you can only set the time format and time zone...

walkon40 said:

Martin

Menu - enter to "main menu"
Rocker to "Setup" press enter and rocker to "time"
Rocker down to "Time Zone" press enter and then rocker to "Other" press enter
Rocker to "UTC Offset" press enter, then a keypad with numbers 0-9 will appear using the rocker enter +00:00 then "OK" (assuming the Forest of Dean is GMT and not Central Pacific Time)
The rest will be sorted by the satellites.

:)

thanks guys, one of the metal, human-made asteroids has set the time. Used it properly first time this a.m., going to work, works fine. Just have to work out now how to reverse journeys on the GPS (not on my pc, know how to do that)

Martin

Back
Top Bottom