Hugger Advice

ncoutts

Reaction score
I am about to buy a hugger and front mudguard 'extender'. I have looked at Pyramid and Skidmarx and am tending towards Skidmarks. I'd welcome any advice on these or others. Thanks, Norman

I have had 2 Pyramid huggers and both were sent back faulty. The first was on an 1100GS and it caught the mudguard. I was told when I bought the 1150 that the hugger had been modified, so I plunged again. This time it caught the rear tyre by the hugger mounting bracket and by the rear suspension. Not impressed!

Mike R

My Pyramid hugger is fine, although MikeR's experience is not unique on this BB. Give Pyramid a ring - my mate got a 'second' (one hole needed widening by 10mm or so) for £35! Don't have their number to hand, but try a search & you might find it.

HTH

MikeO:)

I have the Pyramid, keeps muck off shock but chucks it all over everything else. Spend the £100 on something more usefull is my advice.

Re: Hugger

:( Don't waste your money on Pyramid or Skidmarx huggers Have alook at Boxer Design site - their 1150GS hugger is a LOT better looking and the fixing is SOOOO! discrete. It locates on bottom shock mount and is solid. Motorworks are importers and it's about £140.00 but well worth the money
Sherpa;)

Sherpa, and others, thanks. The Boxer Design device does look good on the www site. Looking at the bike it must attach to the Shock Mount (as you say) I am the world's (second) worst mechanic. Is fitting a DIY job - even for the 85% incompetent? Norman

Re: hugger

ncoutts,
Fitting of the boxer design hugger is simple. Only requires bottom shock bolt removing and replacing with one supplied and then 10mm spanner on brake hose bracket on opposite side. It is quality made and fits superbly. I've been out today into Dales with a mate and my bike was definately cleaner around final drive area - he didn't have a hugger fitted.
Go for it - it looks the dogs!!
Sherpa;)

Pyramad Plastics

MIKE OUGHTON said:
Don't have their number to hand .......

MikeO:)

Try: 01427 810473

However, having compared Wreford's bike (with hugger) and mine (without) over the same journey, I've decided not to bother!

Greg

Re: Re: hugger

sherpa said:
ncoutts,
Fitting of the boxer design hugger is simple. Only requires bottom shock bolt removing and replacing with one supplied and then 10mm spanner on brake hose bracket on opposite side. It is quality made and fits superbly. I've been out today into Dales with a mate and my bike was definately cleaner around final drive area - he didn't have a hugger fitted.
Go for it - it looks the dogs!!
Sherpa;)

Sold I think! Thanks Sherpa. The Dales eh? Happy days. Norman

Has nobody got a kind word for the Wunderlich Hugger. Seems to have yet another attachment technique.

Thanks Russell - from the picture on their www site the Wunderlich Hugger looks quite a bit bigger than the Boxer Design one. Does that mean it works better to you guess? Otherwise its a bit more expensive and looks less neat perhaps? but I am grateful for all the help here. I have now spent more time researching the hugger than I did the bike! Norman ;)

HUGGER

First time on forum so hope this helps !!!

Attached is a photo of a larger version of the crap deflector as fitted to rear diff on all GS's. It was made by a firm near Norwich and is now in production, (apparently first made for some mad bugger who is riding to the Artic).

I don't know of anyone who has one but I intend to get one soon and will feed back how I get on. Price seems ok too.

Cheers

Blobby

:beer:

Attachments

• p1070005.jpg
    p1070005.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 237

Back
Top Bottom