I'm aGS'er now!

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At last I finally got one.Standard 1150 GS, 2 years old and 8k on the clock, blue and white with all the bells and whistles. I would like a bit of advice regarding what are considered to be the best engine protection bars, and what are the benifits of fitting a 'Y' piece? the exhaust system is standard.
I'm very impressed with the performance, handling, comfort, and luggage capacity, just got to make the time to ride it now.

Nearly but not quite a GSer!

You can tell a GSer because....

They run a Y pice with a standard can
Wear Altberg boots
Use tobinators
And fit additional lights

The real and rare GSer's are those that also have...

Ohlins
Verns boxes
TKC 80's
And scraped pegs

I should point out I only have one item within the second list and even if I had the rest I feel the last point is out of my reach

:D

fatal said:
I would like a bit of advice regarding what are considered to be the best engine protection bars

Hepco & Becker seem to be the weapon of choice on the std GS. About £110 and easy to fit.

You could look at Stanton Head Guards instead.

Grab a coffee and use the search function - there's so many opinions and so much info on here :D

Congratulations on your fine purchase.

You do have a GS, that is true.

However, are you a GS'er ?

Well - the two things aren't the same.

Only the quality - or lack of will determine true GS'er 'ness.

We need photo's - preferably out of focus - with attrocious garden-keeping proof - sheds in dis-repair and possibly pets - but the jury's still out on that one.

Every GSer also has a well thumbed Touratech catalogue in the little boys room.

got to be...... fat, middle aged and obnoxious. Thank god I don't conform.:eek: :D

Are you by any chance Gay/Straight, Black/White/Brown/Yellow, Muslim/Catholic/Protestant/Hindu/Buddhist/, Fat, American (or Turkish), Bearded/Clean shaved , Overly sensitive and living in the Liverpool area or Wales.......if so I warn you now you might be offened by some of the threads you come across on this website. :D Besides that welcome to the nut house and the end of normality as you once might have known it.

Gecko said:
Are you by any chance Gay/Straight, Black/White/Brown/Yellow, Muslim/Catholic/Protestant/Hindu/Buddhist/, Fat, American (or Turkish), Bearded/Clean shaved , Overly sensitive and living in the Liverpool area or Wales.......if so I warn you now you might be offened by some of the threads you come across on this website. :D Besides that welcome to the nut house and the end of normality as you once might have known it.
Judging by your post count, you must be none of the above :D

As to your questions Fatal:

1) I've got the standard Adventure crashbars and they have proven useful several times already. I'm happy with them but if you want to buy them new, they are too expensive. As an option on a new GSA, they cost me only about 250 euros. There are several other brands, do a search!

2) To me the Y-piece is definitely worth it. More mid-range power, more sound, less weight.

Good luck with the new toy! I'm sure you'll have many happy miles in the near future. And as soon as it gets dark earlier, we might talk again :D

Cheers,
Michel

Welcome to........
10210392-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Gecko said:

You forgot Greek:shoot:

fatal said:
At last I finally got one.Standard 1150 GS, 2 years old and 8k on the clock, blue and white with all the bells and whistles. I would like a bit of advice regarding what are considered to be the best engine protection bars, and what are the benifits of fitting a 'Y' piece? the exhaust system is standard.
I'm very impressed with the performance, handling, comfort, and luggage capacity, just got to make the time to ride it now.

I can only vouch for Hepco & Beckers bars, after 2 drops (static ones I admit) the only thing thats damaged...are the bars:D

Before you start making loads of mods, and selling the family silver, ride it and enjoy it, for every mod you think you need, there's probably one you don't:rolleyes:
Having said that it's fair to say that the headlamps are probably the worst on any bike, ever!

It's a great bike and this is a great place to find out how to get the most out of it, just take it slowly and buy what YOU need:beerjug:

I put a Y piece and Remus Evolution can on 2 weeks agao and i wouldn't go back - it makes a considerable improvement without any drawbacks (other than the cost that is).

To be a real GSer I reckon one sign is a fascination with how many posts you start to make and how much you'd like to spend and how little you have left to do it with!

a real GSer goes anywhere.

I have an adv and the crashbars are only good for resting your legs on - buy proper ones especially if your like the dirt (but not only).

bob

Back
Top Bottom