Importing '04 R1150GSADV from France...

zeltus

Hi

There is a thread on Font of Wisdom about doing this, but one thing is not clear re my '04 R1150GS Adventure - do I need to change any of the lights to a UK spec?

I dunno what such a spec could be, as far as I can see, the light is the light is the light (umm, well OK, there are two lens at the front!) - but if I do need to change anything, has anyone the right part number I can search for around the dealers? The fiche sites such as RealOEM are a bit unclear as to which bit is what and why.

Also, if I do the work myself, how do I PROVE the work has been done? Or should I just sign a bit of paper saying I was the mechanic wot done it? :)

And I've still got to get a Certificate of Conformity from someone - methinks I'll try the dealer I bought the bike from first...

Cheers everyone

Bill

the low beam would flip up on the wrong side on a french import,once you,ve imported it, it may have to have an mot?that,l prove the lights ok

Bill,

You'll find that the dip beam can be rotated in its housing so that the beam pattern is corrected for driving on the left.

I've got an 1150 that i bought when I was living in Germany, and that's all that I needed to do with regard to the lights. Regarding the CofC, I guess the supplying dealer may be the best place to start with - I seem to recall that's where I got mine originally.

:beer:

Iain

dip to the right, dip to the left...

I have to take the cowl off anyway to fit a mph speedo, so I'll have a quick look at the lights...

But I am aware that the 1150GS and the Adventure have different light set-ups - I have a 1150GS booklet that talks about a lever to flip from left to right but Adventures don't have this.

It's all a good lurning experience I s'pose

Cheers

Bill

Hi

And I've still got to get a Certificate of Conformity from someone - methinks I'll try the dealer I bought the bike from first...

Cheers everyone

Bill

Try and get the CoC from your dealer in France - its easy enough to get a replacement from BMW in the Uk but they will charge ya £55 for the privilege.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom