Internet sites with waypoints.

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date

Deleted account W

Are there any UK sites with downloadable waypoints for Mapsource.

Pubs, McDonalds, B&B's, campsites, lap dancing clubs, Shops, secret military instalations......well you get the idea?

Waypoints

I've just bought my first GPS, and I'm still trying to workout what a waypoint is.....?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Waypoints are the little marker flags that you drop onto your maps on the PC or using the 'mark' button on the GPS whilst out and about.

These can be named whatever you wish and can the be destinations to aim for or via points in a route.

The first one you should add to your GPS is 'home'.

When out and about and decide it's time to go home just press the 'find' button twice to start the navigate home option.

HTH

Adam :)

richie said:
Ta for that I'll try it tonight...:D

No problem, but I won't take the credit for it... if I recall correctly it was Gecko who originally posted this info - may only work on a V though :)

Richie, try tapping the heels of your shoes three times while saying "theres no place like home"

:D

'find find' will work on a SPIII, SP2610, GPSmap 60C/60CS, GPSmap 76C/76CS, GPSmap 276C, GPS V but not GPSmap 176/176C

BurnieM said:
'find find' will work on a SPIII, SP2610, GPSmap 60C/60CS, GPSmap 76C/76CS, GPSmap 276C, GPS V but not GPSmap 176/176C

Burnie I don't mind trying again but for me so far its a no no and my home waypoint is defined as er "home" GPS60C by the way

Maybe here in french speaking belgium I should call it maison :D

richie said:
Burnie I don't mind trying again but for me so far its a no no and my home waypoint is defined as er "home" GPS60C by the way

Maybe here in french speaking belgium I should call it maison :D
Hmmm... what firmware release are you running ?

Don't have a 60C here at the moment

Back
Top Bottom