I've just bought a new Adventure

mrTickle

Reaction score
OK, I joined this forum last week. In the space of this first week, I’ve ended up going from almost buying a £4.5K stolen/recovered pile of poop, to actually buying a brand new Adventurer.

The deal on my Adventurer was done yesterday and I rushed home all excited to tell my missus about it. Ooops, mistake number 1. She wants to know why I hadn’t mentioned it to her beforehand and where exactly was my sudden BMW enthusiasm coming from. To explain myself, I place her in front of my PC and show her the Club forum. Oooops mistake number 2.

I try and explain to her what a great place this is for GS info. I get no verbal response - just a funny expression. I assume it is the effects of a cold that she was suffering from last week and offer her a tissue. I tell her that because of my findings on the forum, I now know exactly what is going to go wrong with my brand new bike -even before I get it home. She isn't too impressed with my masterstroke of explanation so I carry on.

I go into further detail about my new purchase and I tell her that to cure the surging, I need to fit a Remus exhaust. I tell her that unfortunately the Adventure seat is a little uncomfortable so I will probably need an £ 800 quid Corbin seat and it would be silly not to get a £ 700 quid set of Ohlins suspension at the same time. I tell her that I can easily fix any windshield turbulence with a £ 160 quid replacement MRA screen. I explain to her what canny savings can be made on getting some Halfords spots, and how clever I was at not getting those flimsy BMW ones. As for luggage, I show her that Verns panniers are the finest to be had and are also made in good old Blighty. Unfortunatly, I can’t repeat any of the answers that I got back.

I decide that the best thing to do, is to take her out for a meal –hopefully sweeten things up a wee bit. We go to the finest Beefeater I can get booked in to ( I save going to proper restaurants for when I’m really in the doo-doo LOL ) and I spend the rest of the night being a model partner. I put some of the blame for my purchase on this forum hehehe. It has the required effect and takes some of the conversation off of me ( well for a bit anyway… ). They do say that time is a great healer don’t they? Well I'm now in the position to let you know just how much time hehe.

Anyway Paul, I must say a big cheers to you, and to all of you other forum posters. You all do a brilliant job of promoting GS’s and you have definitely got me into GS’ing 6 months earlier than I would have done if I didn’t find this site. The fact that I’ve got a brand new Adventure is an added bonus.

As a sign of my gratitude I am going to do the following:

1) Make a donation to help Paul run the forum
2) When we meet, have a good attempt at getting you completely p1ssed
3) To never mention a beaver hat again

I truthfully think that I can manage 2 of the above hehehe…

Things all being well, domestic bliss hopefully resumes for me in the next few days and I have been told that my bike will be ready for next Thursday. I'm counting down the days and I can’t wait. See you all soon :jibber

Enjoy the new bike, mate ....

.... but does us all a favour and change those sunglasses :D

It's my disguise until my new silly hat arrives :hapybnce:

I'll sort a new pic out for you next week. It may have a silver GS in it :D

Silver GS Adventure eh ?

The choice for the discerning rider :D:D

Hope you like yours as much as I do mine :)

Go on - be a really smug git - see if I care :)

You have every right to be !

Did you hang out for the new registration plate on 1st March ?

You could achieve further marital harmony by selling the R6 - I mean what possible use can this be to you now ?

6X

The bikes being registered as we type, so it's on whatever the current registration is.

Personally, I'm not too bothered about having the newest reg letters on me plate, as I hope to keep this bike for a few years to come. Well at least three years anyway...

That pesky R6 has caused me a few probs as I have had to cancel the insurance on it to transfer my no claims bonus onto this new bike. I was 3 months away from 4 years no claims.:mad: and because I cancelled it, it goes back down to 3 years. On a plus side the Adventurer is about £175 cheaper for me to insure :)

Check it out

mrTickle said:
It's my disguise until my new silly hat arrives :hapybnce:

I'll sort a new pic out for you next week. It may have a silver GS in it :D

Here's a helping hand:

www.oakley.com

I recommend M-frames for riding or X-metal Juliets for when you don't need to wear a lid!! Cool as FCUK

I've just transfered my Insurance from the aprilia RSVR to the GS for the 1st March and now the company owe me £36, now thats a first getting money back from an insurance company.
Luckly it's a multibike policy so the RS250 and XR400 stay unchanged. :D

Yo mr Tickle....lol

:D

ur raving mad pal !........ silver !

By far the best colour is the black........(see the fast show...BLACK)

Welcome to a whole new Adventure ! this time last year i was hankering for a new Pan st1300....then i just happened to go to my local :bow and there was a gurt big Gs with all the toys.....
well the rest is history !...havnt stopped grinning since...enjoy ur new bike !

Bilks.

Right, I've just been reading some of my earlier posts since joining this Forum and I reckon my new founded enthusiasm and gratitude is making me look like a bit of a knob in here at the mo'.

I've decided to stop posting until I've calmed down ( just for a little while anyway -until I get over it you understand ).

In the mean time I'll re-register in a new name ;) and pretend I'm a long time GS'er. :hapybnce:. See ya all later.

P.S:- One final cheers to everyone who has made me do what I have done -get a GS :D :D :D

mrTickle said:
Right, I've just been reading some of my earlier posts since joining this Forum and I reckon my new founded enthusiasm and gratitude is making me look like a bit of a knob in here at the mo'.

I've decided to stop posting until I've calmed down ( just for a little while anyway -until I get over it you understand ).

In the mean time I'll re-register in a new name ;) and pretend I'm a long time GS'er. :hapybnce:. See ya all later.

P.S:- One final cheers to everyone who has made me do what I have done -get a GS :D :D :D
Don't be daft - good to see someone so enthusiastic about his new bike. I'm sure I would go into a posting frenzy if I had just bought what you had done.

Keep posting - come to some of the meetings - show the bike off, and make sure you put some piccies up when you get it. You can then contribute to the tech modifications threads as this bulletin board convinces you of the need to part with yet more dosh to make your ADV just the way you want it.

All part of the fun - don't worry about it.

I'm just very relieved you didn't buy that clunker in RS motorcycles.

Cheers

6X

pint6x said:
Don't be daft - good to see someone so enthusiastic about his new bike. I'm sure I would go into a posting frenzy if I had just bought what you had done.

Keep posting - come to some of the meetings - show the bike off,.....

Quite right!! Get yourself to the next Eynsford meeting, at the Plough on 27th Feb, and we can all have a look at it and make the approprite noises. You can then look at all our bikes and decide what extras to spend the next 3 or 4 grand on....:D :D

Steve.

mrTickle said:

I've still got 2 bloody months to wait, so please post, I'd like to know exactly what to expect with the Twinspark, do you realise YOU have the power to bring me to tears or have me boring the shit out of everybody with tales of how great the bike will be?
BIG responsibility!

:beer: :barf

Oh alright then :D :D :D

Well I got all my paperwork through the post yesterday, confirming the chassis number, deposit paid etc, so I am still very excited. I haven't got an exact date of when I can pick the fella up yet but was told probably Thursday next week. It depends on the DVLA office in Sidcup but I would have thought that it is fairly quite at the DVLA around now, as the March rush doesn't start for another 2 weeks. I will hopefully get down to Eynesford to show it off :beerjug:.

In the mean time I'm going to take a visit to Bracken and get a GPS mount for my StreetPilot ( I got plans you know... :egypt ). I would also like a Y-piece but I am going to wait until after the first service - I'm not sure about the warranty issues.

Speaking of 1st service, I couldn't haggle a freebie so I asked how much a free 1st service was going to cost me hehe. Take a guess? £46 quid!!! When I asked about the high cost, I was told that all the fluids i.e gearbox, shaft and engine oil is changed on 1st service, bringing up the cost. Do they really do that? I'm booking it in for the 1st service the day I collect it, as every other new bike I've owned I've made the mistake of booking in at around the 400 mile mark and then found I couldn't get it serviced for ages. I'm off up North to run the fella in and hope to do the 600 miles in the first week.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted and get some pics posted when I take delivery :).

P.S Bawdy:- my bike is a single spark model. It was the last one in their showroom and I think that's why he sold it for £9K. He had 2 black Adventure twin sparks and 4 GS twinsparks in each colour but at full retail price. Mine was built in Nov 02 and has the EVO brakes.

Tickle - which dealer did you buy from ? do they have a website ? cheers 6X

Hi Pint6x,

I got it from Prestige BMW in Bexleyheath -my local BM dealer. I don't know an awful lot about them ( or any of the other BM dealers as it goes... )

I didn't try any other dealers, as I originally visited Prestige to look at a 2nd hand 2002 silver GS with 5000 miles on the clock that they were advertising for £6.5K. It was sold when I got there but they had another 2000 Y reg 20 000 mile one up for sale at exactly the same price. I asked why this one was the same price as it had a higher mileage and was 2 years older and they told me that they had made a mistake and underpriced the other one. Apparantly it shot out their door, so they increased the price of this one. Arse - just my luck.

Anyway while I was there, I saw this Adventurer and it was up for £9 300. We did a deal for £ 9k and the rest is history. :D

Dear God, I hate this thread. Can it not just disappear. Amen.
Jealousy - its a terrible thing. Visit me an I could drool too, and that would certainly cover the 600 miles.

Rev Chuck

Where abouts are you? If you live anywhere near where I'm going, you can have a spin on her. If it's a surger, it may help you with that jealous :dabone streak of yours LOL.

Don't worry mate, this thread and all the creative tap tappety :hapybnce: going along with it will be soon be over. Only a few more postings for you to suffer ( probably)...

Hi MrTickle (grovel grovel)

you say:
Where abouts are you? If you live anywhere near where I'm going, you can have a spin on her.

does this apply to me too?

hope u referring to your BMW and not your Missus!

from Carbohydrate_unsatr8 (grovel grovel)

Unsat 8 :eek: If ur only 5'5 uve no chance on an Adventure ! - stick to ur magazine photo's and dream on !

Bilks (well he did start it !):D

Back
Top Bottom