Led Szmek - Welder Extraordinaire

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
8th July

After a good night’s sleep, I tell the front desk that I’m staying another night, then ride the Adv over to Ledco Welding…

5924657-L.jpg

Grant & I had discussed what could be done to improve the ‘stance’ of the Adv when on its sidestand – to avoid it toppling over the top of it again, as it did in Glacier. Grant suggested I go and see the owner of Ledco, Led Szmek (pronounced Shmeck). Led turns out to be a absolutely top bloke (“If I’d known you were taking pictures, I’d have combed my hair” :D), who examines the problem, then decides a simple percussion adjustment might work…

5924647-L.jpg

…but, when it seems to do little other than make the front end even lighter, decides that the foot of the side stand needs to be extended. He therefore unbolts the Wunderlich ‘Foot extension’…

5924650-L.jpg

…cuts a new foot from a block of aluminium…

5924651-L.jpg

…welds it to the Wunderlich part…

5924653-L.jpg

…bolts it back on….

5924655-L.jpg

…trims some aluminium off the outside edge, to avoid it fouling the centre stand…

5924656-L.jpg

…before declaring the job finished, and charging me $25 Canadian – about £11 – amazing value. :thumb

5924654-L-1.jpg

The bike feels far more secure now – and I’m going to feel much more confident about parking it on the side stand from now on.

Back
Top Bottom