Litelock jammed

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone thinking of getting one of these. Save yourself the trouble.
Mine’s just left me stranded for 2 hours because the bloody thing wouldn’t separate when unlocked.
Luckily a passing roofing contractor had a Stihl saw and cut the thing off.
Key worked fine but like I say it wouldn’t separate.

I’ll be contacting them tomorrow!

e8a7f621482500d4440f4bb997191994.jpg

42d44e64a097b4eefdc65752f83e1328.jpg

472785d6de41f20063e14c919694cd68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK now I’m home and looked at some videos it seems the key wouldn’t insert fully to turn sufficiently to unlock the lock. I still can’t get it inserted fully no matter how hard I try.

Or maybe it inserted fully but still won’t rotate 180 Degrees to unlock.
Either way it’s useless now.

OK now I’m home and looked at some videos it seems the key wouldn’t insert fully to turn sufficiently to unlock the lock. I still can’t get it inserted fully no matter how hard I try.

Or maybe it inserted fully but still won’t rotate 180 Degrees to unlock.
Either way it’s useless now.

I had that. It was caused by a bit of plastic from the cover for the key hole breaking and getting jammed in the bottom of the keyhole.

Unfortunately it was still on the bike!

Shifted it by breaking the bit of plastic up with a hammer and a screwdriver, but if it’s the same thing an airline will shift it.

Thanks for that. Now you come to mention it the plastic did lok like a piece had come off. Too late now, it's in 2 halves, or it would be if it'd come apart.
I did try clearing the key hole of debris and liberal amounts of WD40. I did look in but couldn't see anything untoward.

Last edited:
If that plastic breaking and dropping in the hole is a theme you would be better off letting them know and seeking some recourse on your investment. My first Squire heavy duty lock had like a septum/ membrane you pushed the key through to keep the keyhole water tight. I never liked it and took it off as it fouled and tore.
I bought a second chain and the same lock, on the lock I notice the dust water shield had been removed permanently.

Not the same issue as you but my Litelok X3 locking mechanism decided to jam on one side. 50 mins I was stuck at work, ended up whacking it with a lump of metal and it freed off. Litelok replaced it with no quibble but I can't help worrying it'll happen again. Bike was rarely parked outside and the lock hadn't been abused, key worked OK and had been lubricated with proper lock lubricant. Hopefully a 1 off but if you were parked somewhere remote it could be an absolute ball ache to sort out

I had that. It was caused by a bit of plastic from the cover for the key hole breaking and getting jammed in the bottom of the keyhole.

Unfortunately it was still on the bike!

Shifted it by breaking the bit of plastic up with a hammer and a screwdriver, but if it’s the same thing an airline will shift it.

Time on my hands and this does indeed seem to be the problem,
LITELOK are sending me a new lock to their credit.

This must be a known fault to them as its happened to 2 members on this forum who have read or started this thread. I'm no probability expert but the chances of that happening if it were just an isolated incident must be minute. Bet they launch a revised Litelok variant shortly or upgrade it quietly. Out of interest how quickly did the stihl saw take to 'unlock' it? Assuming this was in broad daylight how easy would it be to get someone in bike gear standing to the side of the bike looking forlorn whilst the helpful thief cuts the lock. No members of the public intervene, no police called etc.

The second Litelok to jam was an X3, which is the latest model U lock, the OP's lock was a Litelok Core Moto, or similar, so not exactly the same, but perhaps an indication of poor production methods. I have one of the X3's (all £250's worth) and it doesn't come apart that easily either.

This must be a known fault to them as its happened to 2 members on this forum who have read or started this thread. I'm no probability expert but the chances of that happening if it were just an isolated incident must be minute. Bet they launch a revised Litelok variant shortly or upgrade it quietly. Out of interest how quickly did the stihl saw take to 'unlock' it? Assuming this was in broad daylight how easy would it be to get someone in bike gear standing to the side of the bike looking forlorn whilst the helpful thief cuts the lock. No members of the public intervene, no police called etc.

Less than 30 seconds, cut straight through. No one batted an eyelid.

Back
Top Bottom