London - Paris Challange

I started this thread with the hope that it might stimulate some active responses to get a team of people together with a common cause and hope and try for something that would raise some dosh for a good cause.

Personally.....I feel abit worn and weary by the HUGE discussion about whether the whole idea of London - Paris is even worth doing...whether people wish to bankrupt themselves "for the cause" (which I cannot and will not do...sorry I have a family with a HUGE amount of issues piling in on us already having no where NEAR settled into our new home).

Its a shame that the whole idea seems to have been trounced upon by a few (I do NOT include the voices of "keep me informed" but there have only been three) and that the 380 odd views has generated a real lack of feeling about the actual idea.

I think I will bow out and do it another way.....and if someone else does it..they wil have my full monetary backup; a bit opf help practically if I can and a "good luck mate...sounds like a great thing to do".

Wow.......I never knew.......what a shame........a little sad....but on my own and with some time and less negativity.....things will be fine I am sure....as it has been with my other cause.

By the way...if BCC do it....and I hope they do....then I hope people will take that challange and run with it.......

feeling abit down:(
Moo

Sillymoo

The idea is great. Dont feel so let down.

From past experience when you take on a charity challenge the bones of the challenge have to be in place before people will buy into the idea.

Trust me its hard work and you will live with the challenge 24/7 until you've satisfied yourself that its completed in its entirety and I dont mean finishing the run. Its all the work that goes in behind the scenes that nobody sees or knows about. The administration work involved, constant telephone calls, pm's / emails behind the scenes, but most of all keeping the excitement of the challenge at the forefront of peoples minds and boosting confidence when they're down, to name but a few of the jobs and tasks you deal with.

Dont let that put you off, its so rewarding as you know.

I dont see much negativity in the above posts, just some really good advice and useful information. Read them again, trust me. Take the advice on board.

Go with it Amy, please dont fall at the first hurdle. :)

You have the enthusiasm, you beleive in it, now run with it and make it work, I know you can. x

I'll be here if you need me but this year could be a bit difficult for me to get too involved for personal reasons.

:)

:thumb2 I'm still here and still offering help if I can :beerjug:

I agree with Duchess, don't get too downhearted. The nature of the site is debate, and that's what you've got. No matter what you do, not everybody will agree with you!!!

:thumb2 I'm still here and still offering help if I can :beerjug:

I agree with Duchess, don't get too downhearted. The nature of the site is debate, and that's what you've got. No matter what you do, not everybody will agree with you!!!

Hi...don't get me wrong! As I say I think I'll go to other sources to try to get more people involved as there was NO WAY I could do something like that on my own. My own personal thing for 2008 (the walk) is easy to organise..but this!! That was the whole thing really....not only the discussion that needed to be had about "personal finances" (I will always think that people should not have to go to the point of causing problems with their bank managers to get involved in something that does good); suggesting Riders.org and also the run itself, but seeing who would put their hand up and say "ay" to being on the organising side of things. Very few will do that....the ball is still up there!
Personally, if (and it looks like an if at the moment) BCC do a smilar thing then I see little point (esp considering our connections to them from last year and so on) in trying to do it twice! I will try to get involved in theirs....so its finding something that others would like to do (whether for personal challenges or not).
London - Paris had been mentioned; BCC seem to have that idea already in 2008 or 2009 (according to Karen) SO......
lets see what else can be generated. I can't do it on my own and starting up 3 businesses; doing a charity event etc at Easter next year and settling into our new home...perhaps I spoke too soon. I just wanted to get people thinking and, perhaps, volunteering to join me on the path to getting it organised.
Moos to all!:rose

Back
Top Bottom