M endurance chain.

Robinyuill

Reaction score
Hi there. Got my eyes on an 850GSA with the M endurance chain fitted along with all the other goodies. Just wondering how “maintenance reduced” it really is? Coming from a shaft drive I understand the principle but is it really mucky with having to oil it or just keep it clean and use something that doesn’t get thrown all over the back of the bike? I’m only using the bike about a couple of thousand miles per year and mainly for the better parts of the year weather wise. Regards…R.

I have a 2020 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports with 18,000 miles on it. The chain and sprockets are about half worn I'd say. But I look aftermy chain and the bike is fitted with an oiler. Don't mind it chucking scottoil over the back of the bike as its easily cleaned. If you are only doing a couple of thousand miles a year the chain and sprockets should last a long time. Chains and sprockets are killed by being too tight and being run dirty.

Had the M chain on a BMW XR, it needs just as much maintainence as any other chain. Ignore it at your peril or the chain will be rusty and look terrible in a heartbeat. That's my experience of owning one.

Back
Top Bottom