Mapsource Beta 6 available

I rather liked the fact that there is now a specific Waypoint symbol for Weed Beds - should come in handy the next time I go green-laning with Blue Sweeper!

:D

Greg

Mapsource beta problems

I've read some threads on another forum about Mapsource 6 beta having problems with downloaded routes. The error messges you receive are "The route has an unknown format. It will not follow the roads precisely. Do you want to recalculate? Yes recalculate, No, use it anyway.

I have gotten the error myself but can't determine when or why. I suspect that it may be mapset, route, and mapsource version mismatches.

I also seem to recall that PanEuropean once said the 2610 (and I suspect the StreetPilot) recalculate routes after they are downloaded. That being the case, a mismatch between the route preferences on Mapsource and the GPS could be the problem. Question, the 2610 has preferences but does the StreetPilot have route preferences? I believe the error was encountered on a StreetPilot.

I suggested they report the problem to Garmin.

Bill,

I've had a similar message to that on several occasions. It occurs when I try to load a pre-planned route which would run outside the maps I have loaded (even if it's a tiny detour off the loaded map).

I've not loaded Mapsource 6 (beta), so it's not restricted to that version of the software...

Mike:)

I've had the same problem with the V6 beta and my SP3 - loaded all the required maps onto the data card, done a route well within the loaded maps on the PC and loaded it onto the SP3.

When I tried to use the route the SP3 says "The route has an unknown format. It will not follow the roads precisely. Do you want to recalculate? Yes recalculate, No, use it anyway. I've informed Garmin.

Bob Jeffries said:
I've had the same problem with the V6 beta and my SP3 - loaded all the required maps onto the data card, done a route well within the loaded maps on the PC and loaded it onto the SP3.

When I tried to use the route the SP3 says "The route has an unknown format. It will not follow the roads precisely. Do you want to recalculate? Yes recalculate, No, use it anyway. I've informed Garmin.

This has happened to me. As GPS and the SPIII is new to me (had it 10 days) I thought I was just doing something wrong, maybe I wasn't:confused: :confused:
Time will tell.

Regards

Tim

Re-installed 5.4

I just re-installed verion 5.4. I had too many problems with version 6 beta.

Re: Re: Re-installed 5.4

Dave Hall said:
Me too....its a pain doing Garmins R&D for them

the clue lies in the word 'beta' :D

you should try testing out alpha software...i've done a fair bit of game testing and it's a major pisser.......so i won't normally touch any beta software until gold release (pre-cd printing stage)....but running beta software is literally what you say Dave...final testing and r&d in the real world...just make sure you send feedback so it can be sorted for the rest of us ;)

Reporting problems

I agree with providing Garmin information. email it to mapsourcebeta@garmin.com

1) Is the problem reproducable?
2) What are the precise steps to reproduce it?
3) What map product are you using when this bug occurs? Does it occur on multiple map products?
4) Did you have this problem with previous versions of MapSource.
5) Is this problem associated with specific GPS data? If so, please attach the data file to your reply.
6) Is this problem associated with a specific Garmin GPS device? If so, which one?

Dave wrote: Me too....its a pain doing Garmins R&D for them

Funny - I have the opposite opinion, I think it's a heck of a lot of fun, I've been doing it for 3 years now...

See pages 66 & 67 (PDF page numbers, not printed page numbers) of this link

PanEuropean

Back
Top Bottom