More on the Y Piece....

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is alot more fun than owning a Blackbird ( and possibly more frustrating at the moment!!)

Right... to carry on from my last thread. The Ypiece is now sucessfully installed and the sensor reattached. So far so good

Start it up and.....

1/ its loud!

2/ appears to run rough and on giving it a bit of trottle (admitidly on the centre stand) backfires and spits out impressive flames:eek:

Soooo. Have i missed something? Do i need to adjust anything? is this normal, or will it settle down?

Just so you all know, there is also a Remus end can fitted. Not entirely sure which one but it DID say 'not for road use' on it. Its oval and alloy if thats any help!

Cheers

Richie

RichieS said:

2/ appears to run rough and on giving it a bit of trottle (admitidly on the centre stand) backfires and spits out impressive flames:eek:

They all do that! Good innit? They are very prone to backfiring if you don't get a good seal at the joints.

Also, you should do a Motronic and TPS reset.

Ignition off. Remove the Motronic fuse (I think it's no. 5). Re-insert fuse. Turn on ignition (do not start engine) and fully rotate the throttle grip twice. Ignition off.

Done.

But it will run lean...take it for a spin and check the plugs!

Richie - come over later on and I'll have a look-see if you like. My 1150 with a Y-piece backfired like mad. Bring exhaust sealer - I have beers in the fridge :D

Andy

Its not the old throttle cable seated correctly thing again is it ? I say this asI dislodged mine while running the lambada cable back up to the plug.;)

sorted!

....and prize goes to Fishlonger for correct diagnosis. Well he would get the prize, but Tobers spotted it first and before i read Fishlongers reply.

But thank you to all who took the time and trouble to reply.

And finally......pulls like a train now and the sound is rather wonderful. (but i sort of miss the big blue flame from the rear!!)

Richie;)

Finaly got round to fitting Y piece. Just checked this thread before I start the engine as Steve mentioned taking No 5 fuse out and re-inserting etc. Which fuse is No 5 please?

Cheers for your help

Steve B (the other Steve)

Steve B said:
Finaly got round to fitting Y piece. Just checked this thread before I start the engine as Steve mentioned taking No 5 fuse out and re-inserting etc. Which fuse is No 5 please?

Cheers for your help

Steve B (the other Steve)

Steve. I really recommend this thread .
It will give you all you want and more..
HTH
Derek

Brilliant..

Cheers guys.. I have just bought a Y piece, which should be delivered soonish, off the forums. Been doing the search.. for how to fit it, and nice to know i am not the only one with lots of questions..

Also thanks for the fuse box post.. very usefull.

Rocks

Sebring or Remus? With the standard can?

I got a Sebring Y piece, and found the alignment of the standard can with this was way out - to the extent that the end of the can just touched the WMB panniers! It still needs regular readjustment. Maybe due to poor manufacturing tolerances?

Cheers,

Neil.

Remus..

Y piece just arrived today.. i believe its a Remus.. ( Gerry.. ?? ).. and has the Lambda sensor hole in the middle of the y.. if that helps..

I plan to fit it with the standard Can.. I run system panniers.. will i need a heat shield?

FINALLY got all my holes and bolts/screws to line up! Had to take it all apart twice (don't even ask)! 1/2 hour job job turned into 2 1/2 hour job!
Sounds nice now even with the standard Can (no blue flame though). Can't wait to try it out on way to work tomorrow.

:D :D :D :D

Steve B

Back
Top Bottom