Motorcycle Parking Liverpool

Sharik

Reaction score
My wife and I will be visiting Liverpool in September probably staying in the Albert/Kings Dock area. Many hotels utilise parking sites operated by separate companies and those I have contacted do not allow motorcycle parking in their facilities (not sure why, if charged for a car space). Can anyone inform me of suitable, secure motorcycle parking in that area please? Thanks.

Does the airport have secure parking, or any posh locla hotels have secure compounds you could pay for the use of? Alternatively look for any car/vehicle storage companies (the indoor kind where people keep classics, or other cars in hibernation) and see if they'll make space.

Albert dock is a nice area, good restaurants, cafes and bars, also good museums and hotels, BUT I wouldn’t be leaving my bike in any of the car parks around there as they are not secure. Too many scrotes on mopeds at night looking to steal anything.
Sorry, I have no solution except get a hotel with secure hidden storage, not the Adelphi though!

Q park in front of the Albert dock under Liverpool 1 have parking spaces for bikes on floor 2 close to wher the attendant sit

In Liverpool not a fucking chance

Would rather park it in Londonistan

I parked mine outside the YHA at the docks in 2014 overnight.

It was absolutely fine. There again, it was a battered grey R100RT which probably wasn't even noticed by anyone.

have you booked a hotel in Liverpool ? why not look just outside the main centre, but a town on the city rail link ? this way you would prob get a better parking situation at the hotel and you are a very short and cheap train ride away from the city centre. the Albert dock/ waterfront area is outstanding to walk round and experience, but the hotels are expensive . if you insist on being at the waterfront ,try the Mal Maison hotel, right next to the cruise liner doc. but it won't be cheap

I can recommend the Panoramic 34 as somewhere to go for a meal out in the evening. stunning views and food

Whenever I used to stay overnight up that way I stayed at The Ship, Parkgate, on the Dee estuary on the Wirral. Decent rooms, food, ale, and a nature reserve when you step outside. Nice place.
The wife and I had a weekend staying in Liverpool at the Ibis near the docks in 2018. Docks area is OK, and no more, but found little else worth mentioning. Lots of tacky Irish pubs etc etc. Shitehole in my opinion.
if you want to visit a nice City I recommend Norwich, if you haven’t been.

If you're staying in the city center you're not more than five mins walk from a train station. So keep that in mind. There is plenty of secure motorcycle parking in Liverpool because it has millions of visitors. Especially on bikes as it's the hubb for the Isle of Mann.

I would not street park my bike in any UK city. They're all full of scrotes on mopeds stealing bikes. Liverpool is no better or worse than any other.

It used to be the case that Motorcycle parking was free in the major carparks. Have you checked Liverpool One car park. It's the biggest and right on the Albert Dock.

I live on the Wirral. If you get stuck, you can park your bike in my workshop on the SMM Business park in Wallasey. Very secure with 24 hour security and sealed overnight. Just down the road from a ferry Terminal. You could jump the ferry for Jerry Marsden experience ;)

Lots of tacky Irish pubs etc etc. Shitehole in my opinion.
if you want to visit a nice City I recommend Norwich, if you haven’t been.
If you are aged in your 80s and get excited about having a cup of tea and an iced bun followed by an early night then visit Norwich.

If, however, you have a pair of balls and enjoy living life to the full, than stick with Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom