My itch is now scratched !

Shorty Mac

I finally did it !!!! took the plunge & got me a 1150, just about get my 29 inch leg to the floor!
After 10 years of viffers I've broke out of the plastic fantastic box. Love the GS but its *&^% in crosswinds! The VFR was far easier to manage, rode down the M1 last friday with the bike at 45 degrees!
Thinking of putting a remus on it, not sure it'll change much though.
I hear people bitch about the gs box, not arf as bad as the vfr first gear clunk - made me wince every time!
Anyone know how to adjust the chain?- can't find the bugger!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shorty Mac said:
...its *&^% in crosswinds! ...rode down the M1 last friday with the bike at 45 degrees!
Thinking of putting a remus on it, not sure it'll change much though.

I don't think that a new exhaust will help much in the wind either!

:D

Greg

Hehehe...you can feel the enthusiasm bubbling through there Shorty Mac.....welcome to the nuthouse........and take a look at the calender at the top and the local area section so you can giggle insanely with similarly minded lunatics the whole year round :D

PS........if you were a member on the VFR board would you mind popping back and posting "WILL THE LAST MEMBER TO LEAVE PLEASE TURN OUT THE LIGHTS!"

WELCOME SHORTY MAC,
As Fanum says,get in touch with your local group, and enjoy the ride..... it may be wild one.:) :) :)

PS........if you were a member on the VFR board would you mind popping back and posting "WILL THE LAST MEMBER TO LEAVE PLEASE TURN OUT THE LIGHTS!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Fanum said:

S'ok, I've still got a key, I'll go back and do it when they've all gone. blush :thumb :D

Ta for the welcome, had a quick look round - BMW riders quiet, shy & retiring - me thinks its more one flew over the ....................

Life is about choice and change, mind you I've ad the same wife for 5 years but apparantly the latter doesn't apply - source: mother-in-law.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

These footrests are a bit big but they keep me feet warm :D

Welcome Macy

Only just jumped from a couple of Viffers myself. Sure a great bike. But I'm grinning like a goodun on the GS. Bunch of others done likewise. You know it makes sense.

Enjoy Big Guy.

Shorty Mac said:
IThinking of putting a remus on it, not sure it'll change much though.
Anyone know how to adjust the chain?- can't find the bugger!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Welcome Shorty Mac

Ignore the exhaust for the time being, concentrate on looking for somewhere to put your scott oiler!

Hope your new bike will give you many grin filled miles;)

How many ex-VFR riders are now on GS's, there seems to be tons. I'm one!

Back
Top Bottom