New 1200GS

Foto John

Reaction score
Hello from Belgium, I've just joined your forum as a new member. I'm currently thinking of purchasing a new 1200GS as long as the availability & price are good for me. At the moment I have a K1200RS which is for sale in my local BMW shop, I'm hoping to have sold it by february/march time, though I can trade in for a lower price than I wish. A few years ago I had an 1100GS in red, which I loved for the handling, go anywhere attitude etc. It was only the fact that where I lived at the time I kept damaging the GS because of it's width. So I went onto a few sports bikes & sports/tourers but nothing has put a smile on my face like the GS did. Now I have alot more room & my girlfriend I live with has a cruiser so I have to ride a bit slower, which I think the boxer engine will be a more relaxing ride. I hope that if anybody from the UK is over in Belgium next year they would be more than welcome to meet up with us for a drink & meal.
:beer: Happy riding

Welcome

Good to have you on board jfb
I believe plans are afoot for people to make the Easter do in 2004

welcome Johnny

anytime you find youself in Barcelona give me a call.

bob

Welcome to the show John, I guess ya'll know why we're here.

Good luck with the shoulder op and see you and some of the other Belgian based GSers at Ostend for St Nicks.

Paul

Thanks for the replies. Yes Paul's correct, going into hospital in a few hours for an operation on my shoulder. Can't sleep at the moment, must be a few nerves creeping in. So if anyone writes to me & I don't answer for a while you'll know why.
I've noticed from a few other threads, the 1150 ADV is going to be discounted with full options for a fraction of the cost in the UK. I wonder if that'll be the same for Belgium? Somehow doubt it, I just don't want to be waiting months without a bike. Second hand isn't really an option as I can get a better deal financially buying new. I've test rode the RT which I love very much, just that the GS is more involving & rewarding to ride. Just hope the 1200 will live up to the concept of GS still! :D
Cheers John

I've noticed from a few other threads, the 1150 ADV is going to be discounted with full options for a fraction of the cost in the UK

Yep. And then there's the price rise in January, which by pure coincidence, will cover most of that.............buy before then if you want the "discount"

Jon said:
Yep. And then there's the price rise in January, which by pure coincidence, will cover most of that.............buy before then if you want the "discount"

So what is the current price they are quoting ?

Pass, can't remember. I did have a 40min chat with Tim at SPC about the new R1200GS / 1150GS Adventure, which is how I know.

It goes up £250 or £350 in the UK in January

The 1150 adv for 2004 will be £8595.....it comes with big tank, heated grips, offroad tyres (no cos removable option) , enduro gearbox, black engine (optional but free) and something else but i cant remember.

They can be ordered now at that price but i've been told Feb delivery :-(

ABS ? The enduro box is also a no cost deletion I think

Back
Top Bottom