Nippy Norm does it again....

Have you got shares in the company? You seem to have every piece of junk they sell for the 12 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Everytime I get a Touratech catalogue through the post my wife throws it away in the hope that I won't buy anything. She doesn't know they have an on-line shop.;)

laughingBob said:
Everytime I get a Touratech catalogue through the post my wife throws it away in the hope that I won't buy anything. She doesn't know they have an on-line shop.;)

I want a Touratech catalogue... :rolleyes:
... So I can show my girlfriend what I need to buy for my bike...

... Of course I only do it so that she can buy stuff for her bike...:p

Nadeem, piccies, asap :D

Site says 75 % brighter, have you measured them and are they???

a quick scan with the old eye meter says yes.
as you know jimbo i had the old one's fitted and the new one's def brighter.

...fitted mine today as well, guess all the back-orders went out yesterday... [no pics either, camera on loan]

I fitted the rear/stop led cluster a week or so ago and had a problem with it. I was waiting until I fitted the indicator/stop clusters before doing anything about it, just in-case the extra current drain from these cured the problem:

With the new rear/stop led cluster ["Will suit models with or without IBS fitted."] the yellow warning triangle comes on for 2 seconds or so when I apply the brakes with the engine at or near tick-over. No problem if the engine is revving.

Has anyone else had this?

Strangely, the only other problem I have had with this bike were similar symptoms with a normal incandescent lamp fitted - fixed at 600 miler : When asked what had caused the problem, I was informed jauntily by the ample, straight-faced Service Manager that it was a cracked filament. :p

I recently read a review of some LED tail light replacements (which I could remember where) that uncovered an unexpected effect. I'm sure it wasn't the Nippy Norman's product, however. I'm just mentioning it here 'cause somebody might want to verify this.

The report said that the apparent brightness of the LED tail light was much higher when the observer was relatively close to the bike -- but when the observer was many car-lengths behind the bike, the OEM tail light was noticably brighter than the LED tail light.

Anybody else remember seeing/reading that?

Hi HMarc

I saw the thread too, ADVRider site maybe? I can't check 'cause it's server seems to be knees for me at the moment. It didn't put me off buying them. They are visibly brighter close-up, that's what counts IMHO. (oh and maybe the pose/gadget factor)

The first led light unit I had on my bike was definitely less bright than the original fitment; I returned it and got the mk2 version which is noticeably brighter than the first and also brighter than the original fitment.
I also have lights similar to the light buddy's on the bike so no one's got an excuse to say they didn’t see me braking.

Back
Top Bottom