opinions please.

philpaw2003

I am considering opening an independent GS shop in staffordshire. It will cater to all GSer's , there bikes and as many after market goodies i can get my hands on. A fitting service will be offered as well as mail order... not that sort of male. LOL.
What i suppose i really need to get an idea of is if there is enough "need" for it.

Let me know how this sounds and mabey, just mabey it will happen.

cheers.

Phil.:beerjug:

philpaw2003 said:

What i suppose i really need to get an idea of is if there is enough "need" for it.

If you can sell Touratech, Wunderlich, Wudo etc. accessories cheaper than the current UK suppliers then yes, I would say there would be a definite interest.

Are you going to remember the 650GS/Dakar as a paid up member of the GS comunity and stock parts & accesories for them?

opinions

i will be stocking all the main suppliers of aftermarket goodies that i can. Basically if its out there for any gs. 650, 1100, 1150, 1150Adv',1200 and all ports in between i will do my utmost to get it for you. If i cant ..... I'll make it LOL.

I will also prep' machines how the customer wants it, ( as long as its legal ) as well as providing paint and bodywork options.

hope this goes someway to clarify what im thinking off. If you have anymore questions please dont hesitate to ask.... I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers.

Phil:beerjug:

Cheaper

hi steptoe.
didnt realize you are in the bizniz. Where are you based..... im in stoke. Do you sell bikes too? Thats hopfully gonna be a big part of the shop here, all GSers old and new(ish).

Phil.

:beer:

Re: Cheaper

philpaw2003 said:
hi steptoe.
didnt realize you are in the bizniz. Where are you based..... im in stoke. Do you sell bikes too? Thats hopfully gonna be a big part of the shop here, all GSers old and new(ish).

Phil.

:beer:

take your pick -- ( big tank is actually a customers)

:D :D

Attachments

• imag0026.jpg
    imag0026.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 465
tank,tank,tank.....

you wanna tank.... I'll get ya a tank. LOL

Re: tank,tank,tank.....

philpaw2003 said:
you wanna tank.... I'll get ya a tank. LOL

yes please, i'll have a big tank, how about that, your first potential sale on the GSers board.

:beerjug:

Just a suggestion

When I went to the Intermot show two years ago. There was a hall the size of an NEC hall full of BMW parts suppliers. Not only Toura... and Wunder....

It's on again this year in Munich. Maybe you can go and see if you can negotiate a deal with some of the other suppliers. Give us more choice!

HTH,
T.

thanx

thanx for that novice..... I'll check it out now.
your right in what you say. we do need more choice and more competition. TT and wunder seem to have a bit of a cartell in this market place.and to be honest TT aint top of my christmas card list at the moment... wunder seem ok.
if you think of anything else drop me a line .

cheers m8:beerjug:

"Basically if its out there for any gs. 650, 1100, 1150, 1150Adv',1200 "

.......... the airhead crew ain't going to be happy;)

Love the idea for the shop, but my wallet hopes you don't do it!

Bits shop..

I would certainly be interested. Especially if you were cheaper but i think you will find the dealer clauses for TT stocking and Wuperrippoff are very restrictive on RRP and undercutting. They really do protect the racket well.

Its a cracking idea, and I would look at also doing.. expedition prepping.. for those manchester townies who have toooooooo much cash to spend on their round the world trips. ( not that i have met one ;) )

Keeping a good stock level/supply speed will be critical.

AND the most important question... Will you do a club discount???

dealership

I can see why we are concerned about TT/Wunderbra et al. If i encounter probs with these cartel tactics then i will source products from other suppliers.... after all its not just TT/Wunderbra that cover our models.
i dont understand why the airheads would spit the dummys oot????? please tell.

As i metioned earlier. If i cant source a part, I'll get it made,or a customer wants a bespoke part they can have it. The way i look at it is this. Give my customers what they want, be fair,honest and above all remember that we all have a commonality in what we ride. Blimey...... that was a bit deep, pass the brandy!!! LOL.

Phil.

:eek:

ive got a whole list of things I want for my(future) GS so yes if you can supply and fit all the goodies ill certainly pop my head round the door

For what it's worth - you have my support & wish you good luck !:)

Phil, I'll be your first customer - one set of fog lights n one set of running lights, plus the light bar and the wiring..............Stoke is only over the hill from Leek. Let me know when you open, I'll be there in 20 mins.

See you soon.

Bramble

Back
Top Bottom