Options!

Silver Shadow

Thanks guys for your advice on dealers yesterday,

I went up to Park Lane BMW (Thanks commuter - ps do you park your bike on Cadogan Place - looks identical to your photo's!)
and tee'd up a test ride for next week. Delivery time is 2 - 4 weeks depending on spec.

Got a sneaky feeling the credit card is going to get a bit of a workout over the next few weeks!! Good news is I've managed to talk Mrs S into the wisdom of my bike replacement scheme....... safer, better for the back, less depreciation etc! and even into the slight modifications required to my garden wall to get it in!!!

Now what I'm really interested in is your opinions on the enormous range of options on offer, here's what I think I want but would appreciate your thoughts:

Heated grips - seem obligatory and I live in deepest darkest Buckinghamshire and commute into London daily, year-round.

Hand guards - ditto.

ABS - ditto, a few miles on country roads each day.

Engine bars - Not planning on going bush (although I can see the advantage on the A40!!), just like the look of 'em.

Fog lights - Although these aren't in the bumph that I got yesterday I seem to remember reading about them somewhere. Thought they might be a good idea to improve your visibility to the box-drivers half asleep.

Pannier rails - just in case!

Anything else you chaps would suggest?

Cheers
SS:shoot:

All of the above except...

the foggies. Don't get the rip of shitty bmw ones, get a hid from touratech. Can't afford one? then cheapo spots from halfords do a reasonable job. Do a search to find out previous threads.

Silver Shadow said:
I live in deepest darkest Buckinghamshire and commute into London daily, year-round.
Tried sending you a private mail - but you aren't set up to receive?

I do it as well SS, living a few miles west of High Wycombe. Also Malky and Chris the Colonel and others are in the same county. Where abouts [I only ask roughly where as until I know someone I don't say EXACTLY where I live either - never know who's who and if they might think about trying to remove your bike!!].
I've got an 1150GS Mandarin with
ABS
Heated Grips
Spots
Malky's Wide Tail lights
City Slicker air horns
Tobinator screen adjuster
Remus race can and Y piece
K&N air filter.
Extended front mudguard
Full luggage
If you want a butchers/chat let me know and we can meet up.
Cheers

email

Thanks Notadrop,

I've just sent you an email.

email

Thanks Notadrop,

I've just sent you an email.

Cheers
SS

My R1150 GS specs

As ordered:
Blue White colour scheme
ABS
Heated grips
Handprotectors
White indicators
Adventure screen
BMW alarm
BMW topcase (+innerbag)
BMW systemcases with big lids (painted in blue:eek: ) (+innerbags) + (rails of course)

Todo:
Touratech sidepanels
Wunderlich oilcoolerprotector
front and back mudguard extenda
crashbars

And after you've got your bike you can spend the same amount in aftermarkt parts :D :D :D

Not me in Cadogen place, mind is underground in the company car park

My list is as follows:

Blue and White
Hand guards
Heated Grips
ABS
The Tobinator screen extended
Bagster tank cover
MiGSel oil protector (on order)
Front Pryamid fender extender
Touratech rear extender
H&B Crash bars (The only ones to protect your rocker cover)
Melvin Seat
BMW Panniers and City Panniers
Got rid of the top box - Extended rack on order

O yea and the Bike itself

If you want to see it in close up, PM me I work on Hyde Park Corner and commute to Bedford each day.

Let me know, Nick

Silver Shadow said:
Thanks guys for your advice on dealers yesterday,

I went up to Park Lane BMW (Thanks commuter - ps do you park your bike on Cadogan Place - looks identical to your photo's!)
and tee'd up a test ride for next week. Delivery time is 2 - 4 weeks depending on spec.

Got a sneaky feeling the credit card is going to get a bit of a workout over the next few weeks!! Good news is I've managed to talk Mrs S into the wisdom of my bike replacement scheme....... safer, better for the back, less depreciation etc! and even into the slight modifications required to my garden wall to get it in!!!

Now what I'm really interested in is your opinions on the enormous range of options on offer, here's what I think I want but would appreciate your thoughts:

Heated grips - seem obligatory and I live in deepest darkest Buckinghamshire and commute into London daily, year-round.

Hand guards - ditto.

ABS - ditto, a few miles on country roads each day.

Engine bars - Not planning on going bush (although I can see the advantage on the A40!!), just like the look of 'em.

Fog lights - Although these aren't in the bumph that I got yesterday I seem to remember reading about them somewhere. Thought they might be a good idea to improve your visibility to the box-drivers half asleep.

Pannier rails - just in case!

Anything else you chaps would suggest?

Cheers
SS:shoot:
:D

Thanks

Thanks Nick,

Got a test ride on Wednesday, will let you all know how it goes!

Cheers
SS

Back
Top Bottom