Oxford Grinder S1 and S2

Arsey

I identify as a Donkey. My pronouns are He/Haw
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
38,876
Reaction score
21,515
Location
Guernsey or Plessala
New D locks from Oxford Products

IMG_6683.jpeg
IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6684.jpeg
IMG_6428.jpeg


Better than Litelok and Hiplok

And cheaper .

S2 order going in once Sportsbikeshop stock them

Edited to add- the S2 now listed on Sportsbikeshop website so ordered for October delivery . £183
 
Last edited:
Oooo... how did you manage to order it for £180 when the S2 is £220 on the website?
 
Thought it was an advertisement for a Oxfordshire bender hookup location .
 
Going by the measurements for the s2 it would appear that it would go through the axle hole on a 1200 GS/GSA rear wheel and numerous other places my Litelok X1 "almost" fits. Will be getting one for next years European travels and leaving my heavy Almax chain at home, thing with the chain as we all know is a scrote with a grinder would be through it in no time but adds to the "layers" I suppose.
Personally I think Litelok have fucked up by not making the shackle just that bit wider, would fit loads more places on a 1200 apart from just around the front wheel.
 
Going by the measurements for the s2 it would appear that it would go through the axle hole on a 1200 GS/GSA rear wheel and numerous other places my Litelok X1 "almost" fits. Will be getting one for next years European travels and leaving my heavy Almax chain at home, thing with the chain as we all know is a scrote with a grinder would be through it in no time but adds to the "layers" I suppose.
Personally I think Litelok have fucked up by not making the shackle just that bit wider, would fit loads more places on a 1200 apart from just around the front wheel.
Litelok were at the Taffy Dakar earlier this year and the guy quite simply didn’t want to know about anything else as in his opinion they couldn’t be improved.
 
Litelok were at the Taffy Dakar earlier this year and the guy quite simply didn’t want to know about anything else as in his opinion they couldn’t be improved.
Maybe can’t be improved on cutting resistance but certainly could be on fitment.
I sent mine back as it didn’t fit any of my bikes wheels. Unfit for purpose. The guy was a bit sheepish and said the design team had something in the pipeline. Nothing as yet.
 
Maybe can’t be improved on cutting resistance but certainly could be on fitment.
I sent mine back as it didn’t fit any of my bikes wheels. Unfit for purpose. The guy was a bit sheepish and said the design team had something in the pipeline. Nothing as yet.
It was all about fitment. He said there was nothing to change.
Apart from there literally being dozens of guys all saying they didn’t fit their adventure bikes.
 
Personally I think Litelok have fucked up by not making the shackle just that bit wider, would fit loads more places on a 1200 apart from just around the front wheel.

I agree.
I am still convinced they quickly repurposed the pushbike lock marketing it for motorbikes.

Happy with mine, but I hoped it could fit somewhere else as well (ideally I’d like to lock both wheels).
 
I think I'd like to see evidence of the Oxford fitting in front and/or rear hub before coughing up £200. For many without huge chain and ground anchor those feel like the most reliable locations for a decent U-lock.
 
Litelok were at the Taffy Dakar earlier this year and the guy quite simply didn’t want to know about anything else as in his opinion they couldn’t be improved.
I was literally one of the first to get a Litelock X3 when they were launched. Two years ago perhaps ?

I emailed them, saying that they are missing a massive trick not making a Motorcycle specific range and size.

They did reply saying "Something was in the pipeline".

Obvious bullshit.


I would REALLY prefer to support a smaller British firm (Litelock)

Oxford make everything in China. Most of what they make and sell is cheap shit with a 80% mark up. I'd given up with them years ago.

But if they sell what I want at the right price, I will happily jump ship.. And these locks might just be the trick.
 


Back
Top Bottom