paint chips / scratches - how to repair?

keith morgan

can anyone give me a few tips on how best to sort out a couple of chips and lightish scratches on the beak ?

b4 i get a prof re-spray i'd like to see if i can do anything myself to minimise / eradicate them.

i am a techno ignoramus so real 'idiots guide' to products / techniques would be appreciated !

ta very much,

keith

:beer:

Hi Keith,

Not much help to your problem but just a thought.......

I have seen in increasing numbers, vans driving about that do mobile paint repairs at your home/office. It may be worth getting one of these round for a quote first.

Martin.

keith morgan said:
can anyone give me a few tips on how best to sort out a couple of chips and lightish scratches on the beak ?

Sounds like a good excuse to get a new one to my mind

Try Directory Enquiries or Yellow Pages for the local franchise of a firm called Chips Away. They came and touched up my neighbour's car - did a top quality job. I got chatting to the bloke and ended up getting him to re-do the panniers on my Pan (sorry Tim) where my (ex) girlfriend had knocked it over (driving my car...). They not only did the paintwork, but prepared and painted the grey plastic bits on the panniers. The job was good as new; they did it at my house (would go to your place of work, if you wanted) and charged me a total of £35. Recommended.

MikeO:thumb

Chips Away

I scratched the Tank on me New 1150, half inch, down to the metal just under the BMW Badge............Fek Fek etc etc.

Local car body shop.........ooooooooooohh we'll need to do this that and the other........shall we say £360 Sir..........Nope I said !!

Found Chips away, sorted the scratch and painted rocker covers whilst they were at it, ..£50....Ta very much !

CC

Mike O said:

I got chatting to the bloke and ended up getting him to re-do the panniers on my Pan (sorry Tim) where my (ex) girlfriend had knocked it over (driving my car...).

I want to marry her and have babies:D
Tim

Chips away

I have no connection with Chips Away & haven't used them, either.
However, a friend of mine is the Director of a Porsche & Mercedes approved car body repairer (i.e. knows his stuff) & his firm use Chips Away for small jobs.
'Nuff said!

Bush Guard

If you have a 1150 fit a adv bush guard. Been there done that turning bike around in a garage took all the paint of the front of the beak. They wanted £50 to respray, bush guard cost £25ish and saves all the hasle.

Air Brush

An air brush is magic on small areas, not expensive £25 at Machine mart for the deluxe version, Iv'e seen this at £90 elsewhere the same tool, surprisingly easy to use once you get the mixture of paint to thinners right, comes with a little suction cup which is superb for the small areas.

Another tip for removing scratches when some bastard keys your car etc.. is to go to Boots and ask for a couple of syringes (they will look at you like your a mad druggy).
Fill the syringe with touch up paint from Halfords and run the Syringe along the scratch, then all you need to do is pollish with a bit of T-cut and there you go no more scratch.:) :)

Re: Bush Guard

gazza said:
If you have a 1150 fit a adv bush guard. Been there done that turning bike around in a garage took all the paint of the front of the beak. They wanted £50 to respray, bush guard cost £25ish and saves all the hasle.

Top tip! I've done the same to mine tip-toeing round the garage. Cheers.

BLL

Back
Top Bottom