Park Lane / Battersea !!!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Having read a few recent positive threads about Park Lane/Battersea, I thought I'd give them a try. They're near to work and my current dealer doesn't seem to want to help me right now. I need the software/lumpy running/stalling looking at.

However, having just spent a frustrating half-hour being cut-off by disinterested operators and service desk staff I'm now thinking "better the devil you know". Apparently the "phones are terrible today"!!!!

Is this just a blip and should I persevere? Or am I better off looking elsewhere?

:mad:

Gonzo said:

Is this just a blip and should I persevere? Or am I better off looking elsewhere?

For the first, I've just phoned them to check on the status of my bike. I didn't get through to the workshop (all lines are busy), but the nice lady who answered the phone did take a message for me and promised to pass it on.

As for the second question, guess what mine's in for at the moment and how long it's been in there (the answer to the second is since 23 Nov)

You haven't said who your 'local dealer' is, by which i'm presuming you mean the one near home, which i'm guessing is Cannon BMW?

Re: Re: Park Lane / Battersea !!!

turbine_2 said:

As for the second question, guess what mine's in for at the moment and how long it's been in there (the answer to the second is since 23 Nov)

20 days!

If it were me i'd be screaming blue murder, i'd certainly not be waiting 20 effing days for a simple job to be done!

You sir are very patient

Re: Re: Re: Park Lane / Battersea !!!

Russ said:
20 days!

If it were me i'd be screaming blue murder, i'd certainly not be waiting 20 effing days for a simple job to be done!

You sir are very patient

Well, last time I chased it was down to parts not being available (needs a new controller or something to do with the lambda sensor which has to come from Germany). The other thing is that it means at the moment I'm running up milage (100 miles per day) on one of their bikes rather than mine, especially in the shite gritted road crap stuff.

On the other hand, alothugh the message was taken, no response so far. Once I have my bike back I'm going to write up my experiences and compare them against the lessons learned from the first time I visited them.

Russ said:
You haven't said who your 'local dealer' is, by which i'm presuming you mean the one near home, which i'm guessing is Cannon BMW?

Correct.

Don't get me wrong, they're very nice and the quality of their work seems to be OK but having just spent over 10 grand on a bike I'd like them to take me a little more seriously if I try to describe a problem to them.

Rather than get arsey, I'll find somewhere else (assuming that Nirvana exists which judging by the above it doesn't!)

Any other good London dealers?

I remember from my F650 days that Park Lane had a poor reputation. So no surprises there.

London dealers, I don't know how far your map of London stretches, but have you tried SPC??? And before you say 'God, that's miles away', consider that quite a few people in the Bristol area travel to James Sherlock or CW (Dorchester), both of which are a good few miles awaydance pize

Martin

Back
Top Bottom