please be gentle...

pete

Hi i'm new here,

just swapped my XRV750 for a 06gsa, and drove from southlondon bmw to cork - so far worth every penny....
I've read few posts about breaks/drive shafts/fuel pumps etc and now i'm a bit worry - is it really that bad?

pete

Hi i'm new here,

just swapped my XRV750 for a 06gsa, and drove from southlondon bmw to cork - so far worth every penny....
I've read few posts about breaks/drive shafts/fuel pumps etc and now i'm a bit worry - is it really that bad?

pete

No it's not, ride it enjoy it and take it as it comes.

Welcome to the collective. :thumb

PS what colour is it? Key question for some on here :aidan

Thanks Thunder,

It's sort of silver, white aluminmium they called it

Hi, some bikes are Friday afternoon specials, others like the two I've had, haven't had any of the problems.

Best try and enjoy the bike, just make sure you have a phone and the recovery details handy. If you have the phone etc then you probably won't need them :)

Hi Pete and welcome to the site :thumb2. Like Thunder says - enjoy the bike :beerjug: I have owned mine since May and apart from a minor issue I haven't had a problem in 6.5k miles :clap

Red ones are the fastest ;) - Just enjoy the bike.

Keep the battery charged and give the bike some TLC (spray it in ACF-50 or FS365) and it'll look like new for years to come.

There's loads of tips and hints on here, AdvRider and R1200GS.info.

Hi i'm new here,

pete

Mine ~ '04, 1200GS, 49868 Miles, all weathers, day in day out, no worries!

Unless a new battery, new rear disc, and a right hand heated grip failure, is a big wet your pants situation (some here would possibly have a hissy fit !)

oh and Ive had to fit new tyres and brake pads!! let alone have to put air in the tyres and oil in the engine

And then consider the outrage of having to buy a head lamp bulb AND a tail light bulb!!!!!!!

The factory fitted alarm did go Maaaaddd! tho:nenau oh well.

:D

thanks for all the good words guys,

i feel better now..

c u on the road :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom