Powder coating ?

oblertone

Strawberry fields ... forever
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am considering having the rocker covers on my '97 GS blast cleaned and powder coated (black). Does anyone know if this is feasible, will this type of coating withstand the temperature ?

Yes and yes.

They are silver powder coated from new.

Base preparation is paramount - far more important than the
heat.

Phil

If you need any powder coating done there's a place in goat road, mitcham , name of dura spray, will shot blast & powder coat in any colour you want, had a K series frame done in ali silver - cost £50 shotblasted & coated , superb finish :beerjug:

Richard & Olbertone,

You guys interested in us sending a whole lot of stuff and maybe get better rates?
My crash bars, cylinder head covers and few bits and pieces I would like to get sorted as well.

Found these:

Jura Spray Ltd
Riverside Wandle Trading Estate Goat Rd
Mitcham Surrey
CR4 4HW

Tel: 020 8640 1775

Mitcham Powder Coatings Ltd
35, Wates Way
Mitcham Surrey
CR4 4HR

Tel: 020 8640 0444

Willow Powder Coating
Unit 11, Eagle Trad Est Willow Lane
Mitcham Surrey
CR4 4UY

Tel: 020 8646 7169

:gringo

judge said:
My Zega frames need doing (plastic covering come away to reveal erm... rust :eek: ), that will not do on the Marrakesh :D

Chrome to match the trimmings?!

neil harrison said:
If you need any powder coating done there's a place in goat road, mitcham , name of dura spray, will shot blast & powder coat in any colour you want, had a K series frame done in ali silver - cost £50 shotblasted & coated , superb finish :beerjug:

Sorry lads i meant Jura spray, i see maverick has posted the number, i've used them a lot and never had any problems, you get a good discount depending how you pay ( cough cough ) they do powder & stove , :beerjug:

I need to do my cylinder heads pannier and top box mounting frames.

judge said:
Absolutely not! As any self-respecting Airhead GS owner knows, unless its a Basic the frame rails must be black :nono

Did give the panniers a buff up though and fit me new stickers :D

OH NO indicator droop! you want to watch that, can get nasty....:D

Ok I will give them a call Monday and enquire about delivery times etc, how about if they are open next Saturday we can organise a trip to Jura and see the dude in person and negiotiate some rates?
Is there any particular colours you guys want the stuff because mine is going to turn into an interesting basic blue color very soon;)

Cheers
:gringo

judge said:
Absolutely not! As any self-respecting Airhead GS owner knows, unless its a Basic the frame rails must be black :nono

Did give the panniers a buff up though and fit me new stickers :D

Judge....That's a crap bit of parking dood!!
Look..there's bleedin miles 'tween the bike and that wall!!!

You could almost get three rizzlas in there!!!!!:D

E R A Rodman Bros, 20 Lower Park Road, New Southgate London N11 1QD 020 8361 8553 (opposite Homebase in Station Road)
do powder coating in all the colours.
I called in today and they seem a friendly bunch who will do small orders at prices that seemed reasonable.
They dont do sand blasting however.

Thanks Roger but I found a place in Waltham Abbey that does both, downside being a £60 price tag ! I will post results and address when I get them back.

Fanum said:
Judge....That's a crap bit of parking dood!!
Look..there's bleedin miles 'tween the bike and that wall!!!

You could almost get three rizzlas in there!!!!!:D
Actually the bike was parked then the panniers fitted. The panniers had been on the floor which gets a bit wet and they were all furred up, once I cleaned them up I wanted them off the ground so fitted them to the bike.

Must've been more than 3 rizlas as I got the fleece lined waterproof cover over the bike. :D

Back
Top Bottom