Power Point

Beesley6

Can anybody tell me what accessories are available to work with the power point.

:confused:

Beesley6

Any 12v accessory can be run from the socket if it has the correct plug fitted, they're about sick squid from dealerships, cheaper from tractor outlets someone said. Only thing to watch is the current drawn. Having to bump start the beast on a wet field in the middle of nowhere after drunkenly leaving your camping light light on all night isn't recommended.

The battery can also be charged through it.

Mick

Battery

Yes, just put the plug on the Optimate, also fit two more sockets on the beak wire direct to battery via a 30 amp Fuse. keep the polarity right, centre is positive.

Try Farnell's in Leeds http://uk1.farnell.com

plug £1.75, Socket 3.10

BMW Plugs 658674 Standard
658364 8A
658376 8A Fused
658388 16A

BMW Sockets 658431 with cover

Post free vis internet.

Tea Time...

:(

Can my 12v travel jug "brew up" a ltre of water without draining the battery?

I quess its best to leave the engine ticking over?

Bilko. (more Tea Vicar?) :p

Bilko

Just drain some petrol from your tank, put it in your Coleman stove and boil the water in your mess tin. This procedure cuts out the middleman and leaves your battery fully charged. Plus you get the benefit of the carcinogenic fumes so you don't have to spark up either!

Mick

Jimb where is the beak wire? whats the process is there another way than direct to the battery as I already have my spots wired direct and it may be getting a bit congested where would you mount them etc?

beacon said:
Jimb where is the beak wire? whats the process is there another way than direct to the battery as I already have my spots wired direct and it may be getting a bit congested where would you mount them etc?

Just take a lead off the rear of the existing accessory socket. Then it all comes through the same fuse.

Beesley6 said:
Can anybody tell me what accessories are available to work with the power point.

:confused:

The socket is a standard small car type. You can buy various accessories that will fit if the come with a dual size plug (pull the red grommet off to expose the inner contacts).

I run my GPS off mine most of the time, plus the odd top up charge and tyre compressor as required. You'd also use it for heated socks or a vest or inner gloves. I have heated grips so I don't bother.

On the outfit I have 3 sockets and run a phone charger, inspection/camping lamp and beer cooler/fridge as required in addition to the stuff I use on the F. I used to run the intercom off the socket, but that is now hard wired via another type of plug that runs the whole radio/cd package.

Andy

being rude to new members again, suppose you were born knowing everyfuckinthing.
if you can't be civil pick on members who can handle your brand of caustic humour. on Chrismas day aswell, class !

Big Den said:
being rude to new members again, suppose you were born knowing everyfuckinthing.

No.
But I was born with an I.Q. above 50.

And a sense of humour.

Yes, Christmas day because I had just finnished work at 23:45 and I retain the right to be ratty having missed out on a chrissy eve beer with my mates!

Back
Top Bottom