Powercommander info & exhaust offers from the NEC....

Paul Young

Under-used member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was at the NEC today & picked up a couple of nuggets of info, I thought I should share:

1. Dynojet will be bringing out a Powercommander for the 4v BMW range, next Feb/March. This has a big advantage over using a chip/Techlusion package as it has the ability to add/reduce fuelling throughout the range. The Techlusion can only increase fuelling & is not as flexible to use, apparently....

Another interesting part of the conversation I had, was that Dynojet arrange Club "do's". Their HQ is just north of Preston & they have loads of land around as they are in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields. They had an arrangement with the GSX1400.org where they opened their doors for a day with free dyno runs, camping, etc. Sounded great.....

2. Carbon Can Co, in Fleetwood, are offering a S/S road legal exhaust (dB Buster) plus a S/S Y piece for £145. The Y piece has the threaded hole for the lambda probe &, yes, that was £145 for both as a "Show deal" only. Their normal price for them is £295, which is still a great deal.

HTH somebody & I'll try & keep you posted on the release date for the P/commander.

a deal at last at the nec!!!! £145 for an exhaust... top marks

as for the powercommander..

BMW_ks.gif

BMW_rs.gif

pdf press release

Dynojet is pleased to announce a new Power Commander for BMW applications which will be available in January 2005

Power Commander Tuning Centers

United Kingdom & Ireland

Autotrans, Linlithgow Bridge, Scotland
Blueflame Performance Engineering, Skelmersdale
BMC Motorcycles, Whitchurch
BSD Motorcycle Developments, Peterborough
Carbon Can Company, Fleetwood, Lancashire
Crescent Suzuki, Verwood
Dynobike, Malton, N Yorkshire
Dyno Speed Developments, Chigwell
DynoTech, Crediton, Devon
Dynotech Performance, Bramley Green, Hampshire
F.W. Developments, Barnacre, Lancashire
HM Racing, Oprpington, Kentl

Holeshot Racing, Rodley, W Yorkshire
JD's Motorcycles, Ardglass, N Ireland
Jordan Bikes, Gildersome, W Yorkshire
Lee Motorcycles, Ledbury
Motorcycle World, Ballymena, N Ireland
Motrac Racing, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Paddock Hill Racing, Lincoln
PDM Racing, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
P.D.Q. Motorcycles, Taplow, Berks
Portsmouth Motorcycles, Drayton, Hampshire
Powerhouse Motorcycle Ltd. Ashford, Kent
Rhencullen, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Seastar Superbikes, Newton Flotman
SDC Performance, Stevenage
Swinton Motorcycles Ltd, Swinton, S Yorkshire
Swona Exhausts, Loanhead
The Bike Tyre Co, Dublin, Ireland
Total Traction, Colchester
Uncaged Limited, Arklow, Ireland
V60 Racing, Byfleet, Surrey
Wylie & Holland, Wellington, Shropshire
Young's Performance Engines, Bonnyrigg, Scotland

TUNED IN said:
a deal at last at the nec!!!! £145 for an exhaust... top marks

I was browsing, they quoted me £90 for the y piece, and £100 for the SS can.

Seeing as I have a s/h y-piece I thought it rude to not get a bit of a bargain. Looks nicely made, and there's no embossed logo, badges etc. (got a sticky one that's not going on.)

also got a new visor for the tour-x - after a couple of years use the old one was getting fuzzy. I'm amazed how much better the view is with a new one. £40, no huge saving the tinted on I had over the summer was £45 from HG.

Also got some kevlar lined cargo pants, 'cos it is a bit :ymca going up the pub on my bike in rallye pants. They're off to the local drycleaners today for tailoring to the right length.

I thought it was a good show, less 'tat shops' than usual and a few good new products.

Paul Young said:
I was at the NEC today & picked up a couple of nuggets of info, I thought I should share:

1. Dynojet will be bringing out a Powercommander for the 4v BMW range, next Feb/March. This has a big advantage over using a chip/Techlusion package as it has the ability to add/reduce fuelling throughout the range. The Techlusion can only increase fuelling & is not as flexible to use, apparently....

True....Techlusion can only add fuel......but why would you want to go the other way and reduce fuel..? :confused:

B****y Hell BB, that was 12mths ago........ ;)

Seriously though, my bike runs lean in some parts of the rev range & rich others. The P/commander can deal with all of this & has a more capable fuel mapping facility than the standard EFi system.

Dynojet haven't got one for the 1150GS yet, but have promised to contact me when they do, so I can evaluate it.

Attachments

• Dynoprint 3.jpg
    Dynoprint 3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 370
I spoke with the guy's at SPR, Ruddington, Notts. They tell me the power commander for the R1150GS is now available & my GSA is booked in mid January for them to fit & Dyno, after it's been serviced at Pidcocks on the 5th Jan.

I'll let you know how we get on.

:thumb

Cookson said:
I spoke with the guy's at SPR, Ruddington, Notts. They tell me the power commander for the R1150GS is now available & my GSA is booked in mid January for them to fit & Dyno, after it's been serviced at Pidcocks on the 5th Jan.

I'll let you know how we get on.

:thumb

How much we talkin` for a Power commander then mate?

If it does what it say's on the tin, it'll be worth it.

As for being an electrician, that's debatable. :dabone

:D

Back
Top Bottom