problem after battery being charged

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
a strange problem ive not come across before. my Xcountry was laid up for 8 months over winter in storage and was surprised when the ignition had lights on when turned on and fired up after a few seconds. anyhow when I got it home I thought id get it on charge. after it was full I started connecting it back up and the ABS pump started making a constant "running" noise with no ignition on and when it was no dash lights whatsoever . very odd. any ideas , im 99% sure I connected it the correct way . cheers :beerjug:

ive had a little dig about today and found mini fuse F (starter relay, indicators and diagnostics plug) keeps on blowing ive swapped the relay off my other bike but makes no difference . ive pulled both the abs fuses as that constantly "primes" made no difference as soon as I contact the battery it pops the fuse. that's 5 so far this is getting costly. :comfort

make that 6 15a fuses ......... hmmmm I thought maybe it was the battery being super charged or faulty so put my old one on that isn't even capable of cranking it over and it blew fuse F again . back to the drawing board (laptop :aidan )

this kind of issue wasn't reported ever in the DE XC forum, could it be a short in the wiring loom?

thanks I have looked best I can as it did cross my mind but found no visible shorts. its very odd maybe a GS911 would find the problem ? not that I have one :comfort

does anyone know of a cheaper alternative code reader ? is there such a thing ? I got one for my aprilia for £30

I will get back onto this and find out what's wrong when my other black one is sold . you see I have 3 of the little blighters at the moment and I do only need the one , so ill probably sell this one too once its fixed. in the mean time I may sell the X tank X rack and steel subframe to get some money in the kitty.
ive yet to pick up my dads computer to connect the gs911 I didn't realise it wasn't the bluetooth one. anyhow it will get fixed its got to be something simple like a short as suggested

Back
Top Bottom