Quest I, RAM Mount + QPAC Power Problem

TommyG

Reaction score
I just invested in the QPAC lead with the BMW power plug and a 2.5mm headphone connector, purchased the relevant earpiece, hooked it all up and... no sound, intermittent power. The latter I have read about in various postings so I do not know what I can do to try and establish continual power using the power socket plug. The lack of sound has me foxed though, connections all seem fine and so far as I am aware the earpiece is okay (tough to test though as nothing else has a 2.5mm socket!). Any thoughts, suggestions, advice gratefully received.

Cheers

TommyG

For a start perhaps you could try spraying the six brass contacts on the back of the QPAC and the Quest with some Contact Cleaner or similar

Then put a multitester on the QPAC to see if it is giving the required 5v

For a start perhaps you could try spraying the six brass contacts on the back of the QPAC and the Quest with some Contact Cleaner or similar

Then put a multitester on the QPAC to see if it is giving the required 5v

Agree with Kritou, check terminals .

is it a new unit or not ?

My knowledge is slipping away on them these days. It may be worth emailing Jose (sales@locatis.eu) and he may suggest you send it to him if problem persists.

If fuse is blown do not replace with anything over 1.5Amp, if its not working then it may be a fuse on the pcb (again memory is playing up :rob )

As for audio, I do recall (dark depths of memory :rob) some users used a ring or disc on the plug when connection into the jack socket.

FWIW it might be an idea to snip off the 2.5mm plug and socket and replace with a quality 3.5mm matching pair - I have often had problems with dirt etc in the cheapo versions

If you feel like splashing out on a single UltimateEar in ear monitor you will be amazed just how comfortable and clear the audio delivery is

Guys - thanks for the feedback. I'm going to tinker this weekend and see if I can bring it to life. Have a great long weekend!

Back
Top Bottom