R100CS following on....

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought maybe I should continue the saga from Tetley. I came, I saw, I capitulated. :D The other day I got a lift over to the far away fields of Nottinghamshire, dodging the Sherriff, and collected the work of art that Colin had created. A friend offered to run me over so I could ride her home. It stayed dry the entire day and a broad grin stretched from ear to ear. I put her away and slept soundly that night, with memories of my old white one and the journeys I did on her. I had forgotten just how superb a bike they are.

Today I had a weather spell first thing, so I got her out, now well covered in ACF50, including the rear tyre :D (I wouldn't want it to go rusty). To be fair, I gave it a wipe with a rag before heading off! On Mickeyboy's advice I took her for a '"hrash up the dual carriageway", my word, she has some urgency about her! As instructed I just went through the gears to ease the loading on the bottom end until on the main road where I cruised at 3000rpm, then 3500, then 4000 (70mph). As the road levelled and opened up I gave the throttle a bit of a twist and she romped to 5000rpm in a second or two and I was doing 95! That was fast enough for me, just a couple of seconds worth, then gradually eased her back down to sensible speed. A nice 75 mile round trip on a mixture of DCW, A and finally back on the B roads. I have decided to call her 'Maggie', because she "flies like a bird... and is Nimble" :thumby:

Time to run round checking serious nuts and bolts for tightness now. I might take a trip over to Wales this weekend, if the weather gods smile, then drop the oils at about 500 - 600 miles. A few quid on oil is hardly here nor there for such a beauty. I have regained some youth!

Nice one. I saw that bike a Tetley's a couple of months back (I just bought a trailer). I must say I was sorely tempted. But I kept calm and despite lots of longing looks and even a chat with my wife who was with me, I walked away. I’m glad you’ve bought it as that nagging thought of “should I have bought it” can go away.

Congratulations. I suspect quite a few of us have looked enviously at that bike over the last couple of years. Great to hear you are enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom