R1150 GS Alarm Choice?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Any advice on which alarm to buy for self-installation on my R1150GS?
Not keen on immobiliser in case of malfunction and it does not stop the bike being lifted, just started.
So, noise with remote will do.
Any clues?
LB
Dubin

solar alarm r not bad u can put sensers under the seat tilt senser etc

Do BMW do a plug 'n' play version that just goes in the loom?, and if so will it fit the 1100?.

Thanks

Robin

Dublin Alarm.

Laurence,
If you live on the Southside then dont fit an alarm and never cross the Liffey. If on the other hand like me you are a Northsider then get a big dog that can ride pillion and take hime everywhere. I got the BMW plug and play alarm. It costs more than others but feck is is loud.:D :D :D :D

R0B said:
Do BMW do a plug 'n' play version that just goes in the loom?, and if so will it fit the 1100?.

Thanks

Robin

No, and therefore, No.

I've got a Datatool on mine that I'm happy with.....fitted by a subby but through BWM so if there are any probs it's down to them.....

It has several modes and overides for ferries etc.....plus it's Thatcham approved for my Innsurance discount.

Still use a big fekkoff lock and chain though :D

Hi Luke,
Don't be too hard on de nort soide, I live in Blackrock and I used to buy merc badges in bulk for the car I used to park out front.....
Any more details of BMW plug and play alarm, cost, where etc?
Maddocks?
LB

Laurence Boland said:
Hi Luke,
Don't be too hard on de nort soide, I live in Blackrock and I used to buy merc badges in bulk for the car I used to park out front.....
Any more details of BMW plug and play alarm, cost, where etc?
Maddocks?
LB

Bleedin southsiders :D :D :D :D :D . I got mine fitted by Conor Mc Rory now head honcho in Motorrad Ireland. Leave the southside and come over to Joe Duffy's to get a price and ooogle at ALL the bike range on display....... oh and free coffee in the bike bar ! If you are coming over let me know and I will meet up with you.

Luke.

Laurence Boland said:
Hi,
Any advice on which alarm to buy for self-installation on my R1150GS?
Not keen on immobiliser in case of malfunction and it does not stop the bike being lifted, just started.
So, noise with remote will do.
Any clues?
LB
Dubin
A couple of ground anchors,some thick chains & a bloody big dog,since there isn't an alarm made that'ell stop 'em from pickin it up & shovin it in the back of a van. Alternatively forget the dog & fit on/off switch in circuit with say the fuel pump supply.

Re: Dublin Alarm.

luke scott said:
Laurence,
If you live on the Southside then dont fit an alarm and never cross the Liffey. If on the other hand like me you are a Northsider then get a big dog that can ride pillion and take hime everywhere. I got the BMW plug and play alarm. It costs more than others but feck is is loud.:D :D :D :D
How much does it costs and what are its functions?

Back
Top Bottom