Riding on the right?

alcanara

Reaction score
Does the 1200 switch to riding on the right just like the R1100S does..... by simply rotating lens in the Headlight unit?

Cheers and thanks

Stuart

Why does anyone bother, never seen a 'Left hander' with lense adjustment equip over here....EVER!

the 11 has a projector assembly doesn't it?

The 12 has a reflector assembly - the plastic cover the front does nothing for beam spread and is only there to keep bugs off the reflector. ie, no you can't rotate it.

From the manual:

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 254
Thanks chaps

GS Monkey..... If you simply travel in Europe, what you suggest is fine. However if you want to import it, you need to have an ITV (MOT) and they shine the beam into computerised mirror system.... which fails if not modified properly.

This happened on my F650...... failed and then had to buy the LHD version.... £240... Help.

As has been suggested the 1100S has a simple rotating module.. bob's your uncles aunt??.

Oh well could be expensive.:eek:

Stuart

Does the 1200 switch to riding on the right just like the R1100S does..... by simply rotating lens in the Headlight unit?

Cheers and thanks

Stuart

Nope - if you are settling abroad you need to buy the RHD light assembly - like wot I did :spitfire Other temporary solutions are available and work ok.

What's the price of such an assembly?

Off the top of my head (invoice is "filed" somewhere obscure) I think it was just under £200. :eek: I know, I know. the price of being a good boy.

Back
Top Bottom