Scott Trial 2015

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's this Saturday 18/10 and it's the Centenary of this iconic Trial - the hardest 1 day Trial in the World and based on time/observation

100 years it's been running and extra celebrations are going to be taking place this year

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OP6_nWaX_JM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's going to be EPIC

All the info here

http://www.richmondmotorclub.com/

Plenty of spectating opportunities, all free - but they will be giving any donation to the Air Ambulance

Ridden a lot of trials but sadly not this one, too bloody hard.
Been to watch a few times though.
What time you thinking of going, JB?

Ridden a lot of trials but sadly not this one, too bloody hard.
Been to watch a few times though.
What time you thinking of going, JB?

Well

Route timing isn't published on Richmond's website yet, possibly will be by this Thursday & so don't know for sure as yet

Probably in Reeth for 9am I reckon at a guess

Any sign of the route and section opening times?
I've had a look but haven't found it so far

Any sign of the route and section opening times?
I've had a look but haven't found it so far

I have posed the question on Trials Central and await a response

If not I'll pop up and get a programme tomorrow and try to help out

Right got some info, sent to me..........:thumby:

It is all in programme (all profits to charity), so I would buy one early on Sat morning at 9am for the full info at the PO in Reeth

Aim for Reeth for 9-9.30am

From there..... I would watch Underbanks or Reels Head (first bike 10am) - take the road from Fremington (1 mile from Reeth) to Marske road and it is at top of first hill (approx 3 miles from Reeth) - use designated car park - all free

There are 200 bikes to go through so it will take at least 1 hour to 1.5 hours

Have a snack in Reeth or CB Inn in Arkengarthdale

Then I would go to Whaw Bridge on Tan Hill road, just north of CB Inn (1.5 miles), park up and the sections are roadside - first bike 12.30pm

Again it will take at least an hour to get the bikes through Whaw Bridge

You could also watch at Shaw Gutter, just past CB Inn, on the Barnard Castle road, over cattle grid on left - first bikes 1.30pm

Then back to near the finish at watch at Reels Head again (use designated free car park) and walk for 10 mins through wood and up onto fell - first bike 2.15pm

All spectating is free, including car parking - however donations are being taken for Air Ambulance and local charities that Richmond club support and they are hoping to raise £10000 this year, so please give generously

Please respect the land and absolutely NO BIKES on the moors/fells - only competitors and marshals on Trials bikes are allowed off the road - unauthorised riding puts this Trial in jeopardy, so don't even think about it

Thats great thanks for the info.

In the past first port of call has been the paper shop in Reeth for a cup of tea and a bite to eat so that will be the plan then. I'll be on the bike so getting around is a fair bit easier then 4 wheels.

Will meet you at the post office Reeth at 9ish will be on a 2014 olive green gsa

regards mark

Been up their today & all set for a cracking day's sport

Programmes are £5 & available from Reeth Garage - NOT available at PO on the Green

Gives all the maps & timings etc, plus a lit of history over the last 100 years

Weather also looks set fair too

Splendid up there this afternoon :)

unuzaded.jpg

2esy5a5a.jpg

u3ysaqa2.jpg

vezuvu6a.jpg

ryresera.jpg

9usetyhe.jpg

Just getting sorted this morning leaving around 7

Great day out yesterday - spot the tosser.

Attachments

• Scott Trial 2014 2.jpg
    Scott Trial 2014 2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 339
Some good footage

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T84cQSaJRh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z9pVveDnFL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A well ridden GS wouldn't

Back
Top Bottom