Scrambler luggage options?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A mate of mine came to Dent on his 1200 scrambler.
It's the first time he's used the bike so it was a bit of a test run and one thing that was immediately apparent is the need for decent luggage if he's going to use it for camping or long trips.
He's convinced there's very little available and that the rear frame severely restricts what weight you can out in any panniers and/or top box.
Do any of you good people have one of these bikes and if so have you found a decent luggage option?

A mate of mine cane to Dent on his 1200 scrambler.
It's the first time he's used the bike so it was a bit of a test run and one thing that was immediately apparent is the need for decent luggage if he's going to use it for camping or long trips.
He's convinced there's very little available and that the rear frame severely restricts what weight you can out in any panniers and/or top box.
Do any of you good people have one of these bikes and if so have you found a decent luggage option?

There’s a whole thread dedicated to the subject on Adv Rider

Turning an R9T Scrambler into a Capable GS
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...able-GS.1277521/&share_type=t&link_source=app

As above , SW Motech stuff is good , or have a look at the Unit Garage racks and soft luggage

29040afaa586e0ea65cf1b9479f39f02.png

He may also look at the Mosko reckless 80s

And, look to see if Hepco and Becker do pannier rails for the Scrambler (they are on the Motobins site) then use Adventure Spec Magadans on the rails.

They would possibly be a better 'look' for the Scramber than modern looking solutions.

SW motech Legend panniers and a roll bag on the seat

Thanks again everyone, I'll pass the details on.
Unfortunately he doesn't travel as lightly as I do (cough).

I haven't been camping on my Scrambler. Yet. I have the frame for Triumph's soft bag and the rack. I made a plate for a Givi Monokey box for it and have a shonky old Kappa 22L pannier on it as a top box. For my puncture kit and pump, plus waterproofs. Masses of space from the flat pillion seat onto the rack for camping shit.

I thought the catalyst got hot at traffic lights. Then I recently found it has decatted headers! Jeez!

I haven't been camping on my Scrambler. Yet. I have the frame for Triumph's soft bag and the rack. I made a plate for a Givi Monokey box for it and have a shonky old Kappa 22L pannier on it as a top box. For my puncture kit and pump, plus waterproofs. Masses of space from the flat pillion seat onto the rack for camping shit.

Back
Top Bottom