Searching for the finest gear that the motorcycle world has to offer ?

Come to my store, buy what I tell you and don’t complain, or I will pontificate on YouTube because my wife won’t listen to me.
Beat me to it … can I come as well….or do I sense a bitterness in the post….
And in the eyes of one of our hallowed Mod Gods….
“Got a link mate” natch natch
:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:


🙄🙄🙄
 
Yep, you beat me to it. Prat in the cap tried to rubbish John Milbank's clothing testing. John called him out to justify his claims and Motolegends have switched off anything and taken down the posts ref the above mentioned. Looks like the prat in the cap been owned!
Having watched the video, where he talked about the different safety standards, A, AA and AAA, it made perfect sense what he was saying. It probably is a barrier to market for the EU. I have met the chap in the hat, not my cup of tea, but he isn't a friend, he is a retailer that sells products, I don't have to like him!

I do also read John Milbank's reviews, but some are more opinion than fact. For instance his review on the new Oxford u lock - best on the market - but the review doesn't say why its better than Hiplok, just that it is cheaper, so does it make it better - not sure.

Bennets review of air vests although comprehensive, dissed Helite because they didn't use the EU standard. They use CRITT certification - so what, they are a French company and sell a perfectly good product.

All this means is, watch and read whatever, then make up your own minds without being wedded to one source.
 
If you want the finest gear, don't pay for the top of the range Rukka or Klim products, but get something made to measure by Hideout Leather or BKS made-to-measure. If you're already in that top end price range anyway, don't get off the rack sizes.
I would agree if paying full price, however there are often deals to be had on both Klim & Rukka gear.
 
If you want the finest gear, don't pay for the top of the range Rukka or Klim products, but get something made to measure by Hideout Leather or BKS made-to-measure. If you're already in that top end price range anyway, don't get off the rack sizes.
True to an extent - but their ranges are very limited, naturally, because they don't have an R&D budget. I've a beautiful set of BKS made to measure one piece leathers, now out of use as I don't ride sports bikes or do track days, but they only do one style of textile suit. It it suits you (see what I did there) then heart, but these days I do layering so neither BKS or Hideout are an option
 
Having watched the video, where he talked about the different safety standards, A, AA and AAA, it made perfect sense what he was saying. It probably is a barrier to market for the EU. I have met the chap in the hat, not my cup of tea, but he isn't a friend, he is a retailer that sells products, I don't have to like him!

I do also read John Milbank's reviews, but some are more opinion than fact. For instance his review on the new Oxford u lock - best on the market - but the review doesn't say why its better than Hiplok, just that it is cheaper, so does it make it better - not sure.

Bennets review of air vests although comprehensive, dissed Helite because they didn't use the EU standard. They use CRITT certification - so what, they are a French company and sell a perfectly good product.

All this means is, watch and read whatever, then make up your own minds without being wedded to one source.
Totally agree.
I’m not a huge fan of the twat in the cap but he does know his stuff and his staff are second to none when serving you on a one to one basis.
Yes this might involve a wait with a pot of tea sat inside the airstream caravan, but that’s how they do it and it’s brilliant as they 100% focus on you.
Obviously some on here don’t get this and storm off in a hissy fit to buy elsewhere .
And John Millbank does some great testing but he’s a bit blinkered and thinks he’s the last say in what’s what .
For example he totally disses the Alpinestars Plasma airbag vest due to it having less chest protection than some other more cumbersome airbag vests .
But the Plasma is the biggest selling airbag vest on the market and having used mine for over 5000 miles around Europe min the last year, I wouldn’t wear anything else as you don’t know you’re wearing it .Having had a more intrusive vest, I don’t want to wear something that spoils your riding enjoyment.

And I’ve said it before -Motolegends do sell the best kit at a price.
But they also do pricebeat , giving you 10% off the lowest price elsewhere in the UK.I’ve bought many items in this way, having already secured 10% off elsewhere, so I’m effectively getting 20% off, all year round .
Most of my current riding kit was bought in Motolegends Sunday Sales at half price.
This includes Klim Marrakesh and Zephyr jackets, Rokker cargo pants and Revolution jeans, Bering Goretex laminated Hurricane jacket and pants etc etc.
Motolegends and Sporstbikeshop are generally the only places I know buy kit. Both with amazing customer service and Motolegends having the even better one to one in store service .
 
Having watched the video, where he talked about the different safety standards, A, AA and AAA, it made perfect sense what he was saying. It probably is a barrier to market for the EU. I have met the chap in the hat, not my cup of tea, but he isn't a friend, he is a retailer that sells products, I don't have to like him!

I do also read John Milbank's reviews, but some are more opinion than fact. For instance his review on the new Oxford u lock - best on the market - but the review doesn't say why its better than Hiplok, just that it is cheaper, so does it make it better - not sure.

Bennets review of air vests although comprehensive, dissed Helite because they didn't use the EU standard. They use CRITT certification - so what, they are a French company and sell a perfectly good product.

All this means is, watch and read whatever, then make up your own minds without being wedded to one source.
All good points. I'm not a fan of either just listen/read what they say/print. The issue I think here is that the prat in the cap (as I've always called him and I've met him some years ago now and I've met talked to John in the past) has gone on lockdown. Why doesn't he engage with John and we could then see/judge for ourselves?

The point with the Oxford locks I think you'll find, is it's cheaper, fits motorcycles better (Hiplok being a push bike lock in conception) and lasted as long if not longer. Well that's my take, but that doesn't mean I'm about to ditch both my Hiplok or Litelock I currently use.
 
Last edited:
All good points. I'm not a fan of either just listen/read what they say/print. The issue I think here is that the prat in the cap (as I've always called him and I've met him some years ago now and I've met talked to John in the past) has gone on lockdown. Why doesn't he engage with John and we could then see/judge for ourselves?

The point with the Oxford locks I think you'll find, is it's cheaper, fits motorcycles better (Hiplok being a push bike lock in conception) and lasted as long if not longer. Well that's my take, but that doesn't mean I'm about to ditch both my Hiplok or Litelock I currently use.
I must have missed the bit in the review of Oxford product, I couldn't see the bit where the Oxford lock resisted longer than the Hiplok so the whole "best" bit was around price. Both good locks, I have the Hiplok DX and have no issues with it fitting my two bikes front wheels. If I was buying now, I would go with the Oxford product, but like you, I am not changing and am happy with the Hiplok.

Also think your view of the cap man is correct, but neither him or John will make any difference to my life, so not bothered :)
 
But they also do pricebeat , giving you 10% off the lowest price elsewhere in the UK.I’ve bought many items in this way, having already secured 10% off elsewhere, so I’m effectively getting 20% off, all year round .
Most of my current riding kit was bought in Motolegends Sunday Sales at half price.
^^^^When you take all this in account he is actually cheaper. One thing was not mentioned is that they also do alterations if need it. Gratis.

For example he totally disses the Alpinestars Plasma airbag vest due to it having less chest protection than some other more cumbersome airbag vests .
I think the entire argument was that flat cap didn't mentioned that, the first version is L2 all over so maybe a misunderstanding? I swear by the Dainese D-Air smart vest, when is working :D

​

 
True to an extent - but their ranges are very limited, naturally, because they don't have an R&D budget. I've a beautiful set of BKS made to measure one piece leathers, now out of use as I don't ride sports bikes or do track days, but they only do one style of textile suit. It it suits you (see what I did there) then heart, but these days I do layering so neither BKS or Hideout are an option
Yeah while you can do some customization, you're pretty limited in styles compared to big manufacturers. Though Hideout has a non-waterproof System Concept Air suit that you can use for layering.
 


Back
Top Bottom