seat lock on 1150

enabb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
have my seat on the low setting but car,nt get it to lock down, it needs rear seat to hold it in place, is this normal ? reason I ask is Ive seen bikes with just front seats fitted ,are these special seats ????

They may well be special seats, but you do not need the rear seat to hold the front in. It should latch down on it's own.

I have my seat on the low setting
and remove the pillion seat
the riders seat should lock into place by itself
take both seats of put your key in lock
and have a look at the locking system WD40

LOCATE FRONT SEAT PINS LOWER SETTING
AND THE GENTLY PUSH BACK OF SEAT INTO PLACE

it does go in a bit fiddley its a nack o eer :D

seat

thanks for the advice, will keep on trying till I get the knack, or knacker it

:beerjug:

Keep trying or you might lose it.
Make sure it is locked before riding off.
I am not taking the piss but know that they have fallen off at least 2bikes without the rider noticing.never to be seen again.:D

Had the same problem with mine. At the 600 initial service the serviceman aligned the front slot and slammed it down with a fair amount of force to lock it.

How in gods name can you loose the front seat without the rider noticing?;)

Keep trying or you might lose it.
Make sure it is locked before riding off.
I am not taking the piss but know that they have fallen off at least 2bikes without the rider noticing.never to be seen again.

nice on sherpa !!! :p :p

Disapearance!

I lost my pillion seat within the fist 40 miles when I picked the bike up new!! Retraced my steps but it was nowhere to be seen!!!:confused:

i had this problem so i removed the the gold coloured 'u' brackets and added a thin plastic washer on each side. now closes with one finger and never comes undone.

Back
Top Bottom