Seat WIDTH?

Stepdoug

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok. Curiosity question are narrower seats available for a 1250 GS on an 18 plate or will i need to get mine off to a seating person to do this.
Height wise I'm fine but think I need to narrow mine to sort out hip aches,
Bit up in the air at the moment as what to do but curious about a narrowed seat
Cheers

The TT / Kahedo seats are cut differently to allow the legs to lie naturally closer to the bike .

There are a few places that will do while you wait seat mods , your looking at from £100 if that helps

The TT / Kahedo seats are cut differently to allow the legs to lie naturally closer to the bike .

There are a few places that will do while you wait seat mods , your looking at from £100 if that helps
Cheers, that's the sort of thing I'm possibly looking for so will have a hunt

I’ve had two hips resurfaced- I had to eventually stop riding while it got sorted owing to pain (1200RT).
Before you lay out on a new seat, think about checking the postural support afforded. A flatter seat puts more (too much) pressure on your upper thighs and tries to move them up in the joint. A thinner seat puts more pressure on your arse and if too extreme can cause of lack of support. There’s a happy medium somewhere and it may be a more “sculpted” seat, which is supportive in the right ratios and in the right areas is better, without necessarily just narrowing it down width-wise. A narrower seat will reach a tipping point where it naturally moves the thighs outwards as downward pressure (sitting) is applied.
Edit: if the seat is narrower than the hip joints themselves- it will inevitably push the hip sockets (thighs) outwards which will potentially cause as much pain as too wide/ flat.

Back
Top Bottom