Stolen Himalayan Amble

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Brother in law had his 71 plate Himalayan stolen overnight from Amble between 11pm on Thursday evening (6th) and 7 am Friday morning, bike was parked outside the fromt of his house in his garden literally feet away ftom the bedroom window .

It was fitted with an Abus Granit plus lock through forks and front wheel and a Thatcham approved chain and lock over the seat and through the rear wheel effectively making it impossible to roll and difficult to get off the centre stand.

Nothing heard by them or the neighbours and no sign of the locks in the area so it must have been lifted and physically carried to a van or to somewhere hearby where the locks could be cut.

Haven't got regd nos to hand but it is the green camouflage painted colour scheme , fitted with a Hitchcocks rear rack and Royal Enfield sports exhausts , no pllice attemdance and they are contacting him by phone today 5 days later to take crime details .

Just a heads up to anyone in the area

thats a real shame for your brother in law mate ,i realy didnt think things like that happened in amble.i am in that area just about every week with the works van ,i will obviously keep an aye out.

Been quite a few bike thefts recently, local youngsters are a bunch of feral cnuts who are runnjng wild due to lack of police presence. Regularly seeing groups of three or four riding on the roads on crosserrs and quads and recent spate of crashes of drink drivers

Normal for Northumbria Police now, unfortunately.
Utter disgrace, two police and crime commissioners in a row who could not give a f#ck about anything other than furthering their own careers , over 1000 frontline cops down in numbers from 12 years ago and 20% plus of new recruits quitting in the first 4 or 5 years

Well how about this for a level of incompetence, brother in law has heard nothing about his stolen bike until this morning when he gets a letter ftom a local recovery agent wanting to know what he is doing about his stolen bike which was been sitting in their yard for 10 days ( as of yesterday ). It was recovered on behalf of Northumbria Police under the stolen vehicle recovery scheme .(so far it has incurred a £195 recovery fee and £13 per day storage fees ).

Now if we recovered a stolen vehicle the PNC was updated with a found marker and the injured party / owner was informed by telephone even it was 2am in the morning or if they could not be contacted by phone an officer visted their address.

FFS the clowns have not informed the owner, the insurance company nor bugger all else, the brother in law has no idea of its recovery location, condition , if arrests were made, nothing .

I have told him not to f#ck about but put an official complaint in because somebody needs to be disciplined for bei g a lazy cnut

Cops be too busy on diversity and inclusivity training sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably much needed but it's more likely to be cuts in budgets and personnel since 2010. :D

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Probably much needed but it's more likely to be cuts in budgets and personnel since 2010. :D

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk
Huge cuts but basic procedures need to be followed, as I say before I retired cops or civilians would be shafted for this and either the shift supervisor for the cops who recovered the vehicle , control room supervisor or the control room inspector who finalises incidents and jobs are no doing their job

If its anything like South Yorkshire they will have been too busy dealing with Domestic abuse cases

6 pints of Stella and give the wife a kicking seems to be the new name for the weekend

Mandatory at that for all Police officers and staff … got mine in October… put it off as long as I can :unsure:
Id have thought that if I needed diversity and inclusivity training it may have been flagged up in the last 35 years I’ve worked for the organisation ;)

Sadly this is becoming the norm and it’s why more and more people don’t bother telling the police when they experience crime or anti social behaviour. There are simply too many cases of diabolical cock ups and when later tackled about the failings some witless senior officer say ‘Sorry’ as if that means anything at all to the frustrated victims of crime

30 plus years ago when I was serving, my then girlfriends scooter was stolen and we replaced it. Months later I was walking across the back yard of the station and one of the lost property guys casually asked me when my missus intended to pick up her scooter. It turned out that it had been recovered shortly after it was stolen and just left in the property stores and she / we had never been updated. PNC not even updated as found. I was best man for the officer who collected it and he had never commented at all about it! Twat.

I thought by the thread title that `Himalayan Amble` was the model name - not quite as performanace orientated as the Himalayan Bimble but slightly more capable than the Himalayan Potter.

Well went to the recovery agent today to view the bike , ignition barrel gone, damage to the seat lock and surround , damage to the tank protector bars and handguards so has been down on both sides and the right hand side pillon footpeg is smashed off and a flat back tyre with a large nail sticking out of the centre of the tread (bike has obviously been off road as well).

As it is in the hands of the Insurance Company who use 4th Dimension it will no doubt either be repaired for well over its market value due to their massive storage bills or be written off round about December after they have finished d*cking about .

It was recovered at an address in Sunderland .......................................

Back
Top Bottom