Tax Disc Holder - where is it attached on yours?

Colin O

My dealer fitted the tax disc holder to the front bolt attaching the sidestand switch cover to the frame. I noticed today that the lug the cover was attached to had fractured, pic here:-

http://members.lycos.co.uk/wamrider/R1200GS/Switch_Cover/

I think the extra weight of the holder had caused the problem. I don't see how it can be welded without making a mess of the paintwork.

The only other place I could find to move the tax disc to on the (UK) nearside of the bike was the attachment point for the rear grab rail. It doesn't look too good here, and by Murphy's Law the thread stripped on the bolt .. doh! :(

Has anyone found a better place?

Hi

Mines attached to the left hand cylinder head on a bolt that also holds the plastic head protector (just to the outside of the exhaust)

It catches all the crap but it has'nt fallen off yet!

Regards Shep

Mine is attached with the bolt that secures the spring clip to the headstock just in front of the tank - the clip that the throttle cable routes through.

Shep said:
Hi

Mines attached to the left hand cylinder head on a bolt that also holds the plastic head protector (just to the outside of the exhaust)

It catches all the crap but it has'nt fallen off yet!

Regards Shep

Mine was there when i picked it up from Astles.. but the nut kept coming loose!!!:mad:

So i've now got mine fastened to the end of the shaft housing.. using one of the nuts that holds that "thingy" that drags mopeds from out o' ya tread .. :D

I keep mine safe.........:)

Attachments

• screenshot011.jpg
    screenshot011.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 911
I use one of the self stick on ones used on the inside of car windscreens, attached to the screen of the 12GS.

On the silencer hanger bolt, between the frame lug and the hanger itself. It does'nt interfere with the panniers and still able to get a hand around the frame to be able to pull the bike onto the centre stand. It works OK with the type of tax disc holder I'm using, although I suggest you check it out with yours. It also stays reasonably dry and free of road crap. See attached pic.

Attachments

• hugger 006s.jpg
    hugger 006s.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 869
There's a spare hole in the 'beak' subframe, 10mm spacer so it misses the paintwork.....voila:

Attachments

• taxdisc.jpg
    taxdisc.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 477
Hi, do you all polish your bikes just for the photo's?

Puts me to shame!

Regards Shep

Back
Top Bottom