Thank God for warranty!!!!

Bikerbrady

Reaction score
Took my bike to Williams this morning to have the needle bearings replaced under warranty (2004 1150gsa) bought from them about 6 weeks or so ago.

After a tedious 4 hrs sat in the showroom waiting I was told that the final drive seal was also leaking and that woould also be replaced under warranty. 30 mins later I was told that I would need the rear swingearm replaced as the threads on the bearing adjusters were knackered, as these are part of the swingarm it all needs replacing.

They then made a call to BMW assistance to get me home.....car arrived 30 mins later (they did offer me a bike but it was a tiddly 650 and not suitable for my long trip back to the lakes)

Apart from losing my day and the inconvenience of no bike at least I know taht all the bearings are being replaced now as part of the replacement of the rear swingarm. God only knows how much it should have all cost!!

Pic below of part needed (item 1) plus bearings etc

B0002765.png

Biker

Lucky boy - you should be thankful you're not picking up the bill :aidan

Slightly different, but similar. Water had been coming out of the heating / hot water header tank of a thermal stroe system. Have the British Gas insurance, about £15 a month. One of their blokes had a look at it and said, "you've had you monies worth out of the insurance. The thermal store tank needs replacing at the trade cost is £800 plus VAT". :eek: Daren't think what the cost to me plus fitting would be.

I have to say I am a little puzzled?? They didnt give me an explanation other than the threads were damaged! As its warranty and its not hitting my wallet I am happy to just accept the outcome.

I have to say I am a little puzzled?? They didnt give me an explanation other than the threads were damaged! As its warranty and its not hitting my wallet I am happy to just accept the outcome.

Is it possible that they knackered it themselves while fixing the other bits??

surely not!

Back
Top Bottom