The Adventure test ride

t2grr

Ladies and Gentleman

Well tomorrow i test ride a GS1150 Adventure, (weather permitting), i guess it will be a different beast to my Suzuki Tl1000s. I test rode a 1150GS in June last year, i loved it, but the money wasn't right to swap.

I guess i need a mixture of roads, anyone got any pointers as to things to try on the test ride to see if, a) i love the Adventure and/or b) Things to check that i may not normally check on a test ride......and yes i am aware of the seat height. ( i will be looking to buy new so i guess i dont need to worry about mechanical stuff).

Wish me luck

Cheers Grr

If the weather forecast is right, you may be in luck with the thaw. Take care anyway.
Enjoy how lines of traffic part for you, imposing size of the thing.
how it remains unruffled if you hit a bump mid bend.
being an adventure it has great mid range in any gear
stay out for at least 2 to 3 hours, any less and you may not quite 'get it'.

Don't worry about the initial feeling of impending doom at low speed, 'they all do that' and the feeling passes once you've fallen off a few times at 0mph without doing serious damage !

I rode a GS on a highway, around a few twisties and then across some rough ground, that did it for me, it's just so capable:D

I bought an Adventure and was thinking of the lower seat option until I tried it, it's a nut crusher, try before you buy;)

Don't worry about the initial feeling of impending doom at low speed, 'they all do that' and the feeling passes once you've fallen off a few times at 0mph without doing serious damage !

The feeling hasn't quite gone away, but I haven't come off yet....
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom