toshiba liberetto- HELPPPPPPP

gavinbell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back in the Carpathians... once bitten you never l
Just been given a toshiba 50ct liberetto, ideal me thinks for loading up my garmin 12 map while out and about.
only problem is that the scsi pmcia thingy sony cdrom is not showing as a drive. The scsi controller card is recognized but no E drive showing.
The machine is running windows 95...

Any ideas what the problem may be? and any suggestions of a way round it? ...all I want to do is load mapsource 4 and Roads and rec on.. if it works ok I may invest in a new battery for it.

If I cant solve it ...anyone got a plug n play parallel port cd drive I could make use of to do the deed?

yours hopefully

Gavin

gavinbell said:
Just been given a toshiba 50ct liberetto, ideal me thinks for loading up my garmin 12 map while out and about.
only problem is that the scsi pmcia thingy sony cdrom is not showing as a drive. The scsi controller card is recognized but no E drive showing.
The machine is running windows 95...

Any ideas what the problem may be? and any suggestions of a way round it? ...all I want to do is load mapsource 4 and Roads and rec on.. if it works ok I may invest in a new battery for it.

If I cant solve it ...anyone got a plug n play parallel port cd drive I could make use of to do the deed?

yours hopefully

Gavin

you jammy bugga, I am thinking of getting onre of these for the same reason for spitting maps into my V, I havent got the cd thing yer after, but I have got the laplink cable and software that will allow you to copy all the mapsource stuff onto yer new toy, [ps you haven't got anymore of these lying around have you??]

let me know if any use

Re: Re: toshiba liberetto- HELPPPPPPP

Chris G said:
you jammy bugga, I am thinking of getting onre of these for the same reason for spitting maps into my V, I havent got the cd thing yer after, but I have got the laplink cable and software that will allow you to copy all the mapsource stuff onto yer new toy, [ps you haven't got anymore of these lying around have you??]

let me know if any use

We were all issued with toshiba librettos at work, 55 of them.
They constantly went wrong, sorry, no idea why. And the small nipple thing on the right of the screen for directing the cursor is useless
The computers were all changed within 2 years
I dont know if there are different models of this computer. this one was about 10 inches by six, with the mouse buttons behind the screen.

Back
Top Bottom