Touratech - delivery mistake!

MikeP

UKGSer of 2014 (Dead)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If anyone out there is awaiting a delivery of Zega cases and inner bags plus lock set, I've got them!:confused:

If anyone else has received a pile of camping gear from TT and you didn't order it, it's probably mine!

I do like TT gear, I know it's pricey but it does do what it claims. Their delivery times/organisation is shocking. This is the second six week delivery period I've endured and both times there has been something wrong with the delivery! The first time there were items missing.

I've literally spent thousands on TT stuff (cue more money than sense comments) because I will be touring Europe for 6 to 8 months next year and I want the ability to go to TT in Germany if anything fails etc.

Is it asking too much to at least get what you've paid for?:firemth

So what's the problem....just get onto TT and chase up your order - you never ordered panniers and you don't know anything about a pannier order ....do you ....so by my reckoning you have just got yerself a free set :D ....consider it compensation for the hassle and delay you have suffered :p

Gecko said:
So what's the problem....just get onto TT and chase up your order - you never ordered panniers and you don't know anything about a pannier order ....do you ....so by my reckoning you have just got yerself a free set :D ....consider it compensation for the hassle and delay you have suffered :p

Good idea except that I signed for the delivery thinking it was my order that had arrived!

Hmm, not the first negative comment on TT in the UK for sure :rolleyes:

I have ordered a few bits from them in Germany since I've got my GS, and I have never had any problems!
Top service, quick delivery (usually within the same week), cheap shipping, swift answers to questions on their support forum.
And I agree, their stuff does what it says on the box.

Maybe a mention of this kind of trouble to TT in Germany every now and then wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Michel

I Agree with Migsel, have made three seperate orders all delivered within 5 working days without problems.

Why don't you (if you don't already) order direct from the german site. It has an english language version...

I've literally spent thousands on TT stuff (cue more money than sense comments) because I will be touring Europe for 6 to 8 months next year and I want the ability to go to TT in Germany if anything fails etc.

I wish all customers where as easy to sell to as you...

You see most people want things they just need a reason to buy and your logic that because TT are in Europe and your doing a European tour is priceless.

Would you like to buy some WebEX ?

richie said:

Why don't you (if you don't already) order direct from the german site. It has an english language version...

cos they won't sell direct to UK. you have to order via the somewhat more expensive & reportedly hopeless UK agent.

Wreford Miles said:

I wish all customers where as easy to sell to as you...

You see most people want things they just need a reason to buy and your logic that because TT are in Europe and your doing a European tour is priceless.

Would you like to buy some WebEX ?

I'm sorry. I seem to have missed your point? :confused:

cookie said:
cos they won't sell direct to UK. you have to order via the somewhat more expensive & reportedly hopeless UK agent.

Hopeless they are, very negative attitude .. 5-6 weeks wait for parts:rolleyes:

Fortunately for me I have Family in Frankfurt.. they order parts for me which generally arrive within a week:)

Fortunately for me I have Family in Frankfurt.. they order parts for me which generally arrive within a week

Anychance I can borrow your family so I can order some stuff?

Steve B

metal mule

yes Metal mule are excellent panniers. I ordered a tiredofwaitingtech cockpit kit for my 100gs.ended up cancelling it took so long.I ran out of money before it came. Nice guy though Nick.........................

I fully kitted out three bikes with Touratech gear when John Hill at Brackens was the agent. I always got great service from John both in person and over the phone. I've only ordered a few products since the new guys took over and there have been a few mistakes with orders but, they have sorted out the errors quickly.

I'm sorry. I seem to have missed your point?

A lot of people say that to me... I wonder if it means anything?

On the other hand I don't suppose your an engineer... that could explain the mismatch in communication, or maybe you ride a 1200!

:D

not the first time this has been rasied, agree with Migsel

Yvon who runs TTech France in Orange is a top bloke who has never let me down. If you get in trouble in europe give hime a call he speaks very good English.

Spanish Bob,

Slightly off the topic. I met Yvon the year before last at the start of our ride to Oz. He was extremely helpful and even let us park the bike in the shop when we were in Orange. It so happened that the following weekend was the Touratech Rally in chateau Arnaux, about 50 kilometers East of Orange and he invited us along. We had a great weekend although we were the only Brits among two hundred Germans and a few French everyone was great. I think some of you guys went the following year?

Back
Top Bottom