Touratech

Commuter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is going on up there at Touratech, every time I order something it takes 2 weeks + to come.

I get the impression that everytime I make an order the kit have to be ordered from Germany and then delivered via wales.

Rant over. Nick

Pain in the Arse innit............:mad:

Don't get me going...soap box nearly came out then, nah.......just in case Judge gets on me case ;)

CC

:cool:

The are shite!

What are you guys complaining about, only waited 10 days for my pannier frames from Touratech. Good thing it ain't a stock item ;)

Yes their service is much slower than their ability to deduct the money from you bank account.

:gringo

I don't believe the situation has worsened since the reloaction to Wales. When they were down the OKR you still had to be lucky for the item you want being in stock. If it was back-ordered you were in the hands of the Gods, no change now I believe.

That said I ordered a Touratech base plate and had it delived within the week.

JUST RECEIVED SOME TOYS FROM THEM TOOK OVER 2 WEEKS TO ARRIVE,NEED TO BRUSH UP ON MY GERMAN CANT UNDERSTAND THE F..KING INSTRUCTIONS.
IS IT QUICKER TO ORDER DIRECT FROM GERMANY?

Must have got their order in!!

Just recieved my stuff today also, all fitted as I can read some German.

Must just batch order and then distribute. No answer to e-mail inquiries either.

Bad show I am afraid.

Nick

andy leett said:

IS IT QUICKER TO ORDER DIRECT FROM GERMANY?

I've heard they just refer you to their UK importer. Which I believe is against EU law. Free trade and freedom of choice etc..
Have a go. The prices are lower over there.

2 Weeks !!!!!!!

You guys are lucky !! Took me a month to get stuff here in France. And all it was, was the light protector, radiator protector and oil cap.

You're two weeks must be the Royal Mail delay :D

Re: Must have got their order in!!

Commuter said:
Must just batch order and then distribute. No answer to e-mail inquiries either.
:confused: Must be your UK distributor then. From Belgium, I have ordered serveral times from TT in Germany directly. Usually got the goodies within 3 to 4 days, longest was about 8 days.

Questions? Excellent service though their Support Forum! You often get answers the same day. And in English, no problem.

So if you ask me, not a bad show at all... :thumb

Commuter said:
No answer to e-mail inquiries either.

Bad show I am afraid.

Nick

Same here...made a simple e-mail enquiry about GPS monts.......no reply. My Answer?.............I'm going to buy a RAM mount! Seems to be bettter at absorbing vibration and is ONLY about £22 and is SPIII specific.
Ho hum when will people realise we don't have to accept bad service:rolleyes:

Very helpful in Germany

Needed to talk to them while in Italy - the lady at the German HQ couldn't have been more helpful. Knowledgeable, friendly ... you know. But she did say that they will NOT supply to the UK - all orders to be via the depths of Wales.

Delivered by sheep meandering along the byways...

The USA site has some useful fitting instructions in English (with photos) - worth a look.

You fellas just don't know what waiting is. Try living in Australia and ordering from Touratech.

What happens is that you very carefully work out your order and ensure that all part numbers are correct.

Then one orders, and waits until the day that your credit card is billed, then you know you may receive the goodies in about 2 weeks from that date. Then you have to go through customs and duty and that kind of stuff.

I once used the local dealer here who does a bit of Touratech on the side. I ordered my tankbag in the second week of January and received it in the last week of June. That was 2½ years ago and I've only ever ordered direct since.

Also I was in Touratech's store January 2½ years ago and watched as a Belgium guy and his girlfriend rode in and they rode out about 30 minutes later with a set of large aluminium panniers and racks for their single cylinder Honda hanging off the back and heavens knows what else on the tank and the girlfriend was holding heaps of stuff.

It appears that they do have a lot of stock but if one item is missing they hold the whole order over until it's filled and then release it. As they only have authorisation for one credit card transaction I assume that is the real reason for your wait.

Mick.

The best way I've found to shop at Touratech, is to go there!

What I do is take a trip to Wunderlich, then ride south to Touratech. Then on the way home meet with friends at the Tesch rally in Belgium. Take it nice and easy and spread it over the week with Fri, Sat and Sunday for the rally.

The guy's at both Wunderlich and Touratech are very helpful, you get to see all the gear fitted to their show bike's. On the ODD occasion when not all I wanted was in stock, they've posted it to my home address without any problems.

On each of the trips so far, the money saved over rip-off Britain prices, has paid for the ferry and a fair chunk of the fuel.

You've got the bike for the trip - so use it!

Ross said:
The best way I've found to shop at Touratech, is to go there!
You've got the bike for the trip - so use it!
Yes indeed Ross, that's the best way :D
I went last March for their open door, it was a great season opener.

Commuter said:
.... No answer to e-mail inquiries either.

Bad show I am afraid.

Nick

I completely agree with you on that....:rolleyes:

I have a different view, I ordered a GPS mount on a Monday evening, and had a small problem with the online ordering system locking up half way through. I dropped a mail to Nick explaining the problem and clarifying that I only needed one mount not two as I had had to order twice.

The order arrived on the Wed morning and I received a mail from Nick on the Tues confirming that one had been dispatched.

Back
Top Bottom