Twinmax

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got a Twinmax from Calamander, very impressed, does exactly what it says on the tin.
I had a Carbtune 2, not bad when I had the R65 but the Twinmax is the mutts nuts.
LB:beer:

can you tell me in what way the twinmax is better than the carbtune, more sensitive? better damped perhaps? as i have not used one but am very familiar with the carbtune.

cookie said:
can you tell me in what way the twinmax is better than the carbtune, more sensitive? better damped perhaps? as i have not used one but am very familiar with the carbtune.

you can also add - does it go out of calibration if used a lot, which is impossible with a carbtune ( well it is with my old mercury filled one) .

Can't go out of calibration, as you're checking it against itself - differing pressures either side of a single membrane...

Mike:)

Carbtune is sensitive to stiction and has to be kept vertical.
Has to be upside down for idle.
Plungers dance about at idle.
Twinmax has zero calibration and sensitivity adjustment and is insensitive to orientation. Takes no time to get the hang of it and a minute or two to set the idle.
Wish I had bought it years ago.

Laurence Boland said:
Carbtune is sensitive to stiction and has to be kept vertical.
Has to be upside down for idle.

Not mine - its 20 years old, mercury filled.

Not legal? nowdays . :D :D

actually, i USE the stiction to damp the fluttering on my carbtuneII by angling it back slightly. works fine.

don't have to invert it either usually, though i seem to remember i did in the past once. can't remember what sort of bike needed it turned upside down.

Back
Top Bottom