Tyre Pressure Monitoring

Alchemy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A question for experienced GS owners (more experienced than me anyway!)
My bike has the tyre pressure monitoring system and I’m looking at getting a second set of wheels which are fitted with ordinary inflation valves, no sensors.
My question is this, if I fit the other wheels will my bike have a meltdown every time I ride it? Constantly displaying some sort of warning, or is there some way of switching that function on or off as you please? It’s all very clever stuff but I’ve managed for 25 years of riding without such wizardry!
Cheers all.

When I changed my wheels from wire to alloy, the sensors in the alloys weren't compatible, so It didn't register anything, no errors. This was a 2023 bike with LDL sensor unit incorporated into the keyless module. The sensors were Schrader. it just thought there were no sensors. I don't know how a pre LDL sensor bike (mid 2022) would react.

When I changed my wheels from wire to alloy, the sensors in the alloys weren't compatible, so It didn't register anything, no errors. This was a 2023 bike with LDL sensor unit incorporated into the keyless module. The sensors were Schrader. it just thought there were no sensors. I don't know how a pre LDL sensor bike (mid 2022) would react.
Interesting, thanks.
Only one way to find out I guess, try the buggers out!
Cheers.

Interesting, thanks.
Only one way to find out I guess, try the buggers out!
Cheers.
Do you have access to GS-911? If you do you could just clear the code numbers from the sensors of the existing wheels to see how the bike reacts. That way it’ll just think there’s no sensors. If you do this, before you clear the numbers make a note then you can just reinstate them after. This would be like simulating what would happen with the other wheels.

I was going to say the same about the GS-911.. I have one now & can take a look perhaps if needed.

On my 2015 I’ve tried putting no numbers in and it doesn’t work.

Have you tried different numbers?

This may be something that works on the newer LDL sensor equiped bikes. If I’m honest I never tried it on my 2020 GS.

Have you tried different numbers?

This may be something that works on the newer LDL sensor equiped bikes. If I’m honest I never tried it on my 2020 GS.

You actually can’t leave it empty using a 911 so I tried different numbers but it still faulted up. Don’t know about newer bikes. My sensors are the banana shaped ones.

Out of interest what fault or display is shown and does it reset when ignition is turned off, only to look for the tpm when driven the next time....
Or is it a fault needing intervention to reset it.

You actually can’t leave it empty using a 911 so I tried different numbers but it still faulted up. Don’t know about newer bikes. My sensors are the banana shaped ones.

they're the Schrader ones, but its more the RDC unit that seems to make the difference. The new ones have RDC and Keyless module combined.

Do you have access to GS-911? If you do you could just clear the code numbers from the sensors of the existing wheels to see how the bike reacts. That way it’ll just think there’s no sensors. If you do this, before you clear the numbers make a note then you can just reinstate them after. This would be like simulating what would happen with the other wheels.
I don't have access to one of those, it's on the very long list of things I'm looking into buying at some point. I bought an Obdlink MX+ for my car some time ago, which is brilliant but I don't think it is compatible.

Back
Top Bottom